The Adventurer's Guild

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: You have each earned 944 xp since we began. You need 2,000 xp to get to 6th level.

Recap: You have a calm drake in front of you with a weird symbol on his leg, an unconscious farmer lying on the ground, and his son (and Mavros) standing next to you. There are also tracks leading back into the forest (where the drake came from).

Nicodemous

First Post
I walk over and lay my hands on the father "Bahumuts blessing is upon you."
My hands glow as I hold them on his chest.

Healing hands: healing surge +5

I then see if I recognize the symbol on the drake. (history? Religion?)

bluesfella

Explorer
Nicodemus and Brocc both easily recognized the snake as the symbol of the evil god Zehir.[sblock=Zehir:]Zehir is the evil god of darkness, poison, and assassins. Snakes are his favored creation, and the yuan-ti revere him above all other gods, offering sacrifice to him in pits full of writhing serpents. He urges his followers to:
  • Hide under the cloak of night, that your deeds might be kept in secret.
  • Kill in Zehir’s name and offer each murder as a sacrifice.
  • Delight in poison, and surround yourself with snakes.
[/sblock]As the unconscious farmer comes to and sits up, his son runs over to him and embraces him, thankful that he is not dead as was feared. You notice as he stands that the farmer is a big, burly man. After he's had a few moments to collect himself and assure his son that he is OK, he comes over and thanks you. Then he talks about what happened to him. "That thing just came bounding out of the forest right at me. It wasn't so much trying to attack me - I get the feeling he was just trying to play with me. But he knocked me down, and I guess from this bump on the head it must have knocked me out cold."

Mavros thanks you again and takes the farmer to see the village healer.

The drake is playfully circling the group, looking for someone to entertain him.

[sblock=Perception checks:]I rolled them for you to save time: Perception checks for entire party (1d20+2=3, 1d20+7=26, 1d20+4=15, 1d20+3=19)
Brocc = 3
Mallick = 26
Nicodemus = 15
Sledge = 19[/sblock][sblock=What Mallick, Nicodemus and Sledge Notice:]In the nearby forest, off in the distance back in the direction where it appears the drake came from, there are carrion birds circling.[/sblock]

Goel

First Post
Sledge also tosses a few more pieces of meat to the drake just to keep him happy

Sledge grabs the ancient dagger from the pouch, "I don't want anyone using this against me."

" I think we should go check out the wood were those carrien birds gather. We might find this drakes owner."

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: You have already spotted the tracks and the birds circling, so you don't really need to roll anything else.

However, I think Chris wanted to do something first, so let's wait until his post.

bennage

Explorer
If you can spare a bit of time, I may be able to provide us with a bit of insight. It will probably take me about an hour, so the paladin may need to find a picture book or storyteller to entertain him.

Brocc turns to Sledge.
Brother, may I have the dagger.

Brocc takes the dagger and walks to spot nearby in the shade of tree. He removes a pouch of strange powders and leaves for his pack, mixing them with an odd colored oil into a sort of paste which he applies to the dagger. He sits still for a long time, gently gliding his fingers across the surface of the weapon.

OOC:
#1 when the dagger was placed in the saddle bag
#2 when the dagger was last used to pierce flesh
#3 when the dagger was last given to someone

Last edited:

Remove ads