• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Adventurer's Handbook Speculation Thread

Garrand

First Post
Calling it now: Elemental Savant arcane tradition for Wizards, not in the least because I have a 3e character with that prestige class I'd like to convert over... :)

Also maybe more variation of base elementals. What would be really cool is reintroducing Para- and Quasi- elementals (that might be pushing it a bit too far, perhaps an opportunity for another product).

Damon.

trentonjoe

Explorer
I would like to see:

More metamagic options based on the elements for Sorcerers.
A fighter/ranger subclass that harnesses the elements (something like Divine Smite with elemental damage and some elemental spell/like powers).
Increased elemental monk options.
Cleric Elemental Domains
Element based wizards (pyromancer).
Rules for the quasi elements (SteamBall, 1/2 fire 1/2 water (cold?) damage)
More elementals monsters with low CRs

I mean, we are presuming that the two are linked. hahaha. For all we know, it could be a totally unrelated Unearthed Arcana [1e] style of supplement: new races, classes, spells, player stuff + magic items & other DM game-running options stuff....having nothing to do with (or not primarily about) Elemental flavor at all.

Well it says Elemental Evil in the top left.

Also we were told in the past they were conected and it involved elemental stuff. Like class options and back grounds.

In a similar thread a few months ago, I posted a list similar to what others are already suggesting: elemental sorcerers, primordial-pact warlocks, elemental/planar druids and rangers, elemental domains for clerics, more summoning options, elemental familiars, genasi, goliaths, azers.

I went through this list pretty quickly, but I didn't notice anyone saying this one: more options for elemental monks.

IchneumonWasp

Explorer
Goliath is my pick. Originally introduced in 3.5's Races of Stone. Works as a Earth Race.

That's a good one. Goliath were a very popular race in third edition and were also in the second player's handbook of 4e. Not counting the Shifter race (as it is very Eberron-specific), it would mean that all the races are available that were in the first two player 's handbooks of 4e.

Think of it like a Player's Guide to the adventure, like Paizo does. So when the DM mentions Imix the revelation doesn't fall flat and all the players know about the City of Brass and Elemental Chaos.

Is that an actual thing that people buy? I can't imagine that my players would have been interested in that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads