• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Adventures of the Knights of Spellforge Keep are now COMPLETED

ellestar

First Post
Ok, this thread is way down in page 2, but I can't resist posting this.

Short version: Damn. You totally rule Doc Midnight. Thanks!

Long version: Truly, great is the stretch of time indeed since a story, words woven together, moved me like this. The very bricks which build my essence shift and reel as I now, after two days of intense reading from start to finish, with a deep sigh realize that this story is over.

With the (extremely limited, might I add) powers I hold, I declare you wordsmith of the highest degree.

I am, truly breathless, when my gaze aligns to the very excellence of this story and at the eloquent nature you portray the characters.

Truly, thanks to you Doc Midnight and thanks your players.

I don't have much negative to say about you and your players creation, but there is one thing which would have made this story hour come close to the easily abused term of absolute brilliance. The world. Where were the Circle of Eight? What hand did the Scarlet Brotherhood have in all this? etc. etc.

Ah well, I should go to sleep, this was probably a thousand times more incoherent than I meant for it to be.

Edits: Well, I was correct on the issue of incoherency. :D

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
A wonderful piece of Doc art.

Well, he did it and did it well. Take a look at Lela, the Broom-Weilding Skeleton (and my new avatar.

Thanks Doc. Excellent work, as always.

And, I can't resist saying it, You Rock.

Attachments

• ikeeptheplaceclean.jpg
    ikeeptheplaceclean.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 533

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Lela keeps the place clean.

It was very tempting to have Lela switch over to the "opposing" team with Metus... Kinda like "I sweep for THEM now, so nyah." In the end I just decided all minor undead would have been destroyed at Kizz's command.

Lela

First Post
Dr Midnight said:

It was very tempting to have Lela switch over to the "opposing" team with Metus... Kinda like "I sweep for THEM now, so nyah." In the end I just decided all minor undead would have been destroyed at Kizz's command.

Aw, so, I'm really dead then. I had tought she had just thrown everyone out (including Lela).

Regardless, it's not the first time I've died. I'll be back.

Lela

First Post
Tsunami said:
I'll always wonder what happened to Tsunami...

Was he destroyed by Wee Jas' undead mount?

Which rasies the question, can un undead horse commit suicide? Any ideas?

Breakstone

First Post
Well, he obviously couldn't killed, because it's impossible to beat a dead horse (as we've already concluded).

Speaking of beating dead horses, how long do you think this thread will go on for before it finally dies?

Lela

First Post
Tsunami said:
Well, he obviously couldn't killed, because it's impossible to beat a dead horse (as we've already concluded).

Well, what if the horse is trying to kill itself? Could it beat itself? And, if it couldn't, how would this conundrum finally work out? It's the whole immovable object meets unstoppible force issue.

Nuclear Explosion?
Tsunami said:

Speaking of beating dead horses, how long do you think this thread will go on for before it finally dies?

Well, I'm going to keep beating it as long as I can get away with it. It's like BUMPing, only more fun and a little different.

[Edit:What the heck was that?]

Last edited:

Remove ads