The Age of Worms - Morrus' Campaign - Finished 6th August!!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Many many congratulations on completing the story hour, and I love the little details of "what happened next!"

It's been a hell of a good read, and I've really enjoyed it. I hope you decide to chronicle the 4e game I believe you've started, and if you do I'll be sure to read it.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
We finished KotS last night, and from the way it's gone so far I'm not too sure that I'd be minded to chronicle it - the last fight alone we had 5 deaths and 2 natural 20 death saves. It got bad enough that Morrus allowed us to encounter a second adventuring party and for them to pile into the fight!

The character turnover rate is so blinking high that there'd be no continuity for a Story Hour!

(Though I was heartily amused by Janga's player (who managed to get killed twice in one round at epic level) managing to get 2 characters slaughtered within 2 turns at 2nd level...)

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
We finished KotS last night, and from the way it's gone so far I'm not too sure that I'd be minded to chronicle it - the last fight alone we had 5 deaths and 2 natural 20 death saves. It got bad enough that Morrus allowed us to encounter a second adventuring party and for them to pile into the fight!

The character turnover rate is so blinking high that there'd be no continuity for a Story Hour!

(Though I was heartily amused by Janga's player (who managed to get killed twice in one round at epic level) managing to get 2 characters slaughtered within 2 turns at 2nd level...)

Would this include a certain Irontooth, by any chance?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would this include a certain Irontooth, by any chance?

Nah, they kicked his ass when they met him.

This was the final eno:):):):)er of KotS (Kalarel, etc.) As characters died, I allowed new adventurers to appear at the top of the chain leading down to the temple (members of a second adventuring party).

Best moment of the night: the dragonborn fighter who climbed down the chain, charged Kalarel, missed, got a glimpse of the Deathlock Wight's horrifying visage, and was slid three squares straight into the portal. All in one round. Shortest character life ever!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Nah, they kicked his ass when they met him.

This was the final encounter of KotS (Kalarel, etc.) As characters died, I allowed new adventurers to appear at the top of the chain leading down to the temple (members of a second adventuring party).

Best moment of the night: the dragonborn fighter who climbed down the chain, charged Kalarel, missed, got a glimpse of the Deathlock Wight's horrifying visage, and was slid three squares straight into the portal. All in one round. Shortest character life ever!

Ow, ow, ow, etc. That's just nasty. Ow.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
The amusing bit is that he was played by the same guy who played Janga, who now holds the records for: -

Most deaths in a single combat round (2 - Janga)
Shortest ever character life - Dan the Dragonborn (less than one round of combat)
Most character deaths in a single game session (3 characters in rapid succession)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The amusing bit is that he was played by the same guy who played Flynne, who now holds the records for: -

Most deaths in a single combat round (2 - Flynne)
Shortest ever character life - Dan the Dragonborn (less than one round of combat)
Most character deaths in a single game session (3 characters in rapid succession)

Not Flynne - that's Dave.

Remove ads