D&D General The Art and the Artist: Discussing Problematic Issues in D&D

MGibster

Legend
It sounds like you're trying to equate a consumer's dietary preferences with racism and misogyny. Was that on purpose?
Thunderfoot was replying to comment #531 where you brought up fear of spiders and traumatic experiences with sexual assault. And the thrust of his statement was that consumers need to take responsibility for their own problems. If someone knows they have arachnophobia maybe it's on them to avoid material that has spiderlike creatures in it, like Cyborg Commando (or if they have a phobia of bad games). If someone is a survivor of sexual abuse than maybe games like Vampire: The Masquerade (2018) or Bluebeard aren't for them.

No, I see the point quite clearly. I keep seeing it in these threads. When semantic games don't work it's time for mockery and aggression and 'Well it's your fault for being bother/offended/traumatized'.

Same old dance day after day. It's tired and it's no longer working.
Nope, missed completely. I hope you get past this.

MGibster

Legend
How to say 'I want nothing done about this issue' without saying 'I want nothing done about this issue'.
That's very cute, but I don't feel the need to be indirect. If you don't want to take any responsibility for what you choose to read or watch that's fine. But don't expect everyone to cater to your wants or needs.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I strongly disagree. Psychological, emotional, and cultural violence are real violence, and quite the contrary from “watering down the term” by describing them as such, you downplay the severity of those forms of violence by refusing to call them what they are.
Quoting this for truth. In some ways this can be a vicious cycle; downplaying violence of a non-physical nature can often continue to perpetuate that violence.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I strongly disagree too. This argument just doesn't hold water I think. These things can all be bad, they can also use and include violence. But taking horrible things, that aren't violent, but still horrible, and labeling them violent, seriously clouds these issues.
It doesn’t cloud them at all. They are literally violent, they just aren’t physical. The word violence just simply is not limited to physical force.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases