The Back Room

CaBaNa

First Post
[Sblock=ooc] I didn't look hard enough... thanks for bearing with the NOOB tactics... Geez I'm slow. What say we move this puppy out of The Back Room and into adventure land? The Waterfront or Stefan's Commons Cafe?[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus cocked his head toward one of the empty seats. In reaction to something unseen, confusion furrowed his brow and a slow frown spread across his face. He waved dismissively at the empty air.

Feh...royal to the last he was...what does it matter?

The master made it...the student shall find it...along the crooked way...to what end...to what end...

His eyes cast about as if searching for something momentarily, then snapped back to Reggie, suddenly shrewd.

Where shall an errant ring return to? Here...or perhaps Bacarte, Reginald?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara moves toward Kamotz and looks him in the eye...

"Here, in the comfort of a guestly room
my wound would seem far worse than truth would tell.
Save overtures like these for times to come
in battles waged that make this cut seem healed."

Mikara turns toward Morvannon,

"So now the vote is cast at 4 to 1.
Will it be 5 before the night is done?"

Mikara sits down and continues to sip her ale.

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon looked at the ranger steadily for a few seconds. "You are right," he said finally. Taking a contract, he scanned the language, his eyes momentarily flashing a deeper green. Signing his name in a neat hand, he turned to Reggie.

"Now please, sir, tell us the rest of your tale. We are heading into dangerous waters if I'm not mistaken, and I don't wish to die from a lack of information."

[sblock="OOC"]Diplomacy roll; 1d20+8=9 Ew, Morv just jammed his foot as far into his mouth as is possible for a half-elf from the Imperium.[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
to Mikara, It seems you were ready to chase before we knew the quarry. May I put a salve over that nick, just to prevent infection, I'm sure one as heedless as yourself has suffered much worse though...

Mikara moves toward Kamotz and looks him in the eye...

"Here, in the comfort of a guestly room
my wound would seem far worse than truth would tell.
Save overtures like these for times to come
in battles waged that make this cut seem healed."

Mikara turns toward Morvannon,

Mikara sits down and continues to sip her ale.

Morvannon looked at the ranger steadily for a few seconds. "You are right," he said finally. Taking a contract, he scanned the language, his eyes momentarily flashing a deeper green. Signing his name in a neat hand, he turned to Reggie. "Now please, sir, tell us the rest of your tale. We are heading into dangerous waters if I'm not mistaken, and I don't wish to die from a lack of information."
He looks toward Morvannon before responding to the question, "Fear not, Good Sir... I don't wish for your death either. To the best of my knowledge, I have told you all that I am aware of knowing. If you have questions then ask them... it is in my own best interest to answer truly."

Magnus cocked his head toward one of the empty seats. In reaction to something unseen, confusion furrowed his brow and a slow frown spread across his face. He waved dismissively at the empty air.

Feh...royal to the last he was...what does it matter?

The master made it...the student shall find it...along the crooked way...to what end...to what end...

His eyes cast about as if searching for something momentarily, then snapped back to Reggie, suddenly shrewd.

Where shall an errant ring return to? Here...or perhaps Bacarte, Reginald?

Reggie turns, instinctively, in response to his true name. "Very well... very Well. You've figured me out... what a clever crew. I believe, I have chosen wisely... not bad for my first time... and father said... Bah, to 'The Depths' with what father says."

He stands from the table, "Excellent. If you have no more questions for me... then I have one more item to issue, before you begin."

[sblock=OOC to all]I don't want to get people's hopes up... its not going to be a wishlist item. It will be a single-shot item, only usable in this adventure.

If you have no more questions for Reginald, then I'll get us started in the official adventure thread...[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan carefully pick up the charcoal drawing and eyes the woman depicted.

"I presume we'll be able to take this with us? It will prove useful in tracking her, particularly if she hasn't actually left the island yet. Either way, I think you have managed to provide us with a few paths of inquiry. I have satisfied my curiosity, I'm ready to begin if none of my new companions have further questions."

[sblock=Sea Painter]
[sblock=Tristan]Its good to have you back...[/sblock]
I didn't go anywhere. . . I'm not generally going to be around to post on weekends. If this is going to be a problem, let me know.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Yes, yes, yes..., Magnus seemed agitated as he spoke, his finger furiously tracing a knot in the table top. His words seemed to come with some effort.

But where shall we find you?

[sblock=ooc]

Love that you used some established locals from Echoes of O, and the whole bread thing. :)

I think that's it for questions from myself, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I think we may be in the running for the most eccentric party in L4W at this point.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=ooc]we are a bunch of crazies...[/sblock]

After having his short outburst and grumbling his way back to sit near Magnus, Kamotz takes a page and scribbles a bit looking up at Mikara occasionally. Eventually leaning over to Magnus.
I want to learn, and whatever you know seems to give you incredible insights... I'll follow if you lead. Kamotz turns to Reginald, I am ready for an adventure!

Kamotz is starting to feel alone, and seems to be casting out for any role model to give him guidance.

[sblock=ooc]I am setting Kamotz up for some skill retraining once he hits first level. I just want the retrain to fit very well with the RP. It seems that with PBP the skill sets are more important than at my home table. I also want him to shift alignment eventually, and that will depend on his character interaction. Dynamic characters are more fun... I'm ready to move into the adventure thread if there are no objections.[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Well enough then. Reggie, can you take us to where you last saw her? I think that would be a logical place to start looking."

[sblock="OOC"]
I think we may be in the running for the most eccentric party in L4W at this point.
Hee. Morvannon is looking around thinking "These people are all freaking crazy", and the voice in his head agrees.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus looked at the shifter with suspicion. Respect for his insights was a foreign thing to him and the dwarf seemed taken aback. Studying the cleric's face though his own expression finally dissolved into a broken toothed grin.

Hehehe. A desire for knowledge...very good.

The disheveled dwarf leaned in closer, speaking in a lower voice, his countenance having taken on a grimmer cast.

It's there...for anyone willing to see.

He paused, grasping Kamotz hand. Magnus drew a spiral in the upturned palm, his finger leaving a trail of crimson. Closing the shifter's hand over his handiwork he locked eyes with the morbid cleric.

However...Her mysteries are not without cost. Can Death's grip be released so easily?

Magnus patted the closed had gently.

Ponder this...

With that he leaned back again chuckling to himself, as if nothing had occurred.

[sblock=ooc]

Fear not, you've been prestidigitated, the mark will soon fade. ><

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads