The balance of OOC and IC

Lexla

First Post
shistal said:
Okay peeps I'm not complaining or anything but....why do people get pissy then put IC to OCC with the other player. I have a friend who she and I made this wonderful character, this character was like the best we made together. Then someone comes in and complains that this character is not right and needs to be changed. CHANGE. Just because you don't like that character and want it that player to change the character for their own personal use. I'm sorry but that's so wrong. No one has the right to tell someone to change their character. But she and I are slowly bring this character we made back to her original state. Again if you have complaints about my post you can email at niro_x@hotmail.com and I would happily answer those complaints but please people if you don't like the character don't tell the player that they need to change that character. Thank you for reading this and please don't be mad at me because I spoke what I feel is wrong.

Your fellow role playing friend

I third you! I totally agree. and I agree with Kallikrates, with unless magi's ask ^-^

I agree. People shouldn't have IC and OOC get mixed up. One player on this site refuses to talk to me at all, just because of a simple roleplay and then went around and tried to get others to agree that what I did was wrong. They agreed with her, well that's what she said anyway...and then went on to say that she would never interact with my characters again. That's sort of immature for an event that happened with the characters. So, basically I had four of my characters ruined as I played with her a lot. You've got to be careful out there, or players may bite you in the ass. They're ruthless.

Alek

First Post
Willow_Calypso said:
Let it go. Things happen. People don't have to like or interact with other people. Everyone has different RP ethnics. Having huge mass community rantings on what is or isn't good RPing is all very subjective.

^this

Then again, it's always fun watching peoples multiple personalities cause real world strife for the player.

This. Is. A. Game.

Believe it or not.

If you want drama so badly, go find it in the real world and be done with it.

shistal

First Post
Alek said:
^this

Then again, it's always fun watching peoples multiple personalities cause real world strife for the player.

This. Is. A. Game.

Believe it or not.

Okay dude, I was just saying that trying to change other player's character is wrong and its happen to my friend ...so when my friend said she wasn't going to, they started to pu OCC crap into IC

shistal

First Post
Alek said:
woah, thems fightin words in california

*cracks up laughing* okay sorry about that , dude is like a reallly hard habbit for me to break, so sorry dude...*countinues laughs and walk away*

Tharivious

First Post
Willow_Calypso said:
Let it go. Things happen. People don't have to like or interact with other people. Everyone has different RP ethnics. Having huge mass community rantings on what is or isn't good RPing is all very subjective.
Alek said:
This. Is. A. Game.

Believe it or not.

Quoted for truthery. Everyone here understands the need to vent; we all vent in some measure, be it through creative outlets, having a go at something with our friends or on other websites (Livejournal, for example), or even confronting a problem with the source in a private and polite manner. It's natural, it's human nature. The difference being that in such practices, the venting doesn't lead to open confrontation and airing out dirty laundry in the middle of a public place (and eventually, to the aforementioned "Everybody hates me!" that Willow brought up), while public complaints cause exactly that to happen: it doesn't benefit anyone, it doesn't solve problems, and it aggravates existing ones.

Look for constructive solutions, folks. Constructive. Witch hunts and rallying cries tied to behaviours that are as subjective as the ones being bandied about of late are not constructive.

Remove ads