The Bamfsies Announce the Best Superhero RPGs!

The Bamfsies (which I mentioned a while back) have just announced the winners of their superhero RPG-themed awards. Nine superhero games have won, chosen by judges Cam Banks, Dan Davenport, Christopher Helton, and Tommy Brownell. The Bamfsies describe themselves as "a cheeky and fun RPG awards focused solely on superhero RPGs. We’re not nearly as serious as the Ennies. We’re probably more serious than the Grammys."

BAs-About_zpsa3ecca6d.png

The winners are:
Gamers Choice: GCore Prime (runner up Mutants & Mastermind 3E)

Best Presentation: Atomic Robo

Best Genre Emulation (Iron Age): Cold Steel Wardens

Best Genre Emulation (Pulp): Atomic Robo

Best Genre Emulation (Street Level): Venture City Stories

Best New Edition: ICONS Assembled (runner up Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion 2nd Edition)

Best Supplement: Awesome Powers for BASH Ultimate Edition

For more info, click here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Voneth

First Post
I was about to whine, old geezer style, that this list had forgotten the supers RPGs of old. ... And then I googled GCore Prime.

I can be up and running Marvel Heroes with a full group in 30 minutes or less. I've had MnM 3rd for over a year and I am still struggling to find the time to properly grasp the rules and design requirements sufficiently that I can feel comfortable introducing my group.

In MnM's defense the system does offer some quick template designs for heroes, but the game is definitely one of the more mechanically dense D20 iterations out there. My experience has been that (MnM and Champions fans aside) gamers into superhero gaming really like fast play and quick design mechanics.

None of these systems beat the amazing MEGS system for the old Mayfair DC Heroes RPG though.

This is ridiculous. No mention of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying? I've run or played most of these, but Marvel Heroic was the only one where I ever really felt like a superhero.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is ridiculous. No mention of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying? I've run or played most of these, but Marvel Heroic was the only one where I ever really felt like a superhero.

Given that one of the judges was the lead designer of Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, I expect it was ineligible.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases