• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Banewarrens: Allies and Enemies

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Degar, the dwarf, glances in the treasure room and replies, "I'd just as soon take my life and freedom and call it a day." He sticks close to Malikar. Thariad, the half-elf, follows without comment. He is still lost in his own thoughts. Morden and Nicalon wait a moment to make sure Krug is coming, then join the others at the base of the stairs.

Malikar leads the small group out of the basement into the Vladaam library. All is still dark and quiet on the first floor.

Dyrnas is able to sense the location of Verakka's gladius west of the main house. Sletha, lingering near the south end of the main house, reports that he has located the diviner's scent.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Malikar couldn't help but roll his eyes at Morden's comments. Those were totally out of line. Stop being so self-righteous, the paladin thinks to himself, but remains silent.

Let's get out of here.Malikar attempts to sneak across the library, hoping no servant is dusting it in the middle of the night, and peer out the window they entered in to survey the grounds of the estate.

Krug

Newshound
Krug grumbles "Orphanages? Consider it a small fee for my expertise." He dumps the hand into his backpack and starts to follow the others.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
No servants are visible in the library, and no sounds come from the door to the house. The grounds are also quiet. It appears the hounds are in the kennel for the time being.

Malikar, Morden, Krug, Dyrnas, Nicalon, and the two freed prisoners exit the window and dash south across the grounds, using the bushes for cover. Upon reaching the wall, they assist one another over. Titus is waiting on the other side.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Malikar barks a short, nervous laugh and smiles. We are victorious in stealing, no, liberating the key to the Banewarrens from the evil clutches of House Vladaam. We also freed a pair of prisoners in this noble exploit as well.

Malikar turns towards the recently rescued pair. If I were you, I'd get out of here quickly. Let us meet at our inn later to discuss matters, unless there is reason to stay. Krug, you are the finest trapman I have witnessed. Hold onto the key with your life; we're counting on you. Malikar smiles warmly at Krug, hoping his words would help balm Morden's previous statements.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Thariad wanders off down the street looking clueless and vacant-eyed, but Degar catches Malikar's arm before leaving. "You chaps have done me a good turn, and I'd like to do one for you. I've got some small skill in crafting wands and wondrous items. If you let me know what you need I'll set to work on them tomorrow."

DM fast forward: engaged!

Before long Verakka and Fallon have joined you outside the walls of the Vladaam mansion. After passing on your requests to the dwarf wizard, you set off for Midtown and your inn.

Shortly after you pass the gates leading out of the Nobles' Quarter you hear a strange growling on the street behind you. Turning you spot three canine humanoids. The one in the center growls, "Steal from House Vladaam, will you?" and all three of the creatures leap to attack.

Actions, please!

Hammerhead

Explorer
Werewolves, eh? Good thing my blades are enchanted. Malikar smiles at the trio of werewolves as he rips his swords from their scabbards. You can not win this battle. Retreat, he says confidently.

Only three? They must have some other plan, to steal the key in the confusion. And how did they find us so quickly?

Malikar shouts, Watch out! These three are probably a distraction. Krug, guard the key! He then tenses, muttering a short prayer to his ancestors to help guide his blades in this coming battle as he waits for the beasts to close.

OOC: Quickdraw swords, Divine Might, delay until one gets within five feet then five foot step and attack. +11/+11/+6 1d6+10

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads