• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Banewarrens

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Nicalon nods in response to Morden's confirmation, "So be it. See you here at the Griffon tomorrow at dusk. My Jode smile on our undertaking."

----------------------------------

Jevicca replies to Titus, "Overall, I hope to see the Banewarrens sealed. In the short term, I would like to know more about the organization(s) seeking entry."

"By all means, go and speak with your companions. If you accept, feel free to deliver your list of magic item requests to the bartender here. I will contact you if I learn anything more, and I hope you will do the same."

----------------------------------

After a full day of information gathering, the six friends and one cohort gather in the common room of their inn.

Things you may wish to discuss: Tabaen's words to Krug, Ishara's latest note, Fallon and Verakka's appointment, Jevicca's offer, and Nicalon's plan.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Once the group is gathered Fallon will let them know about Verakka and His appointment with the lady of the house hold in the afternoon. "I think it will be kind of fun to play the spy."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Verakka blinked and sighed 'Seems that I have to be a Halfling in this..pity, hard to get the smell right. Bit like cheese...' The lizardman grinned at Fallon, though it looked odd, what with so many sharp yellowish teeth and all.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Titus will inform his friends of the offer that Jevicca Norr made, and that she wasn't much help in finding the key. "All in all, I don't think it's bad to be compensated by someone for something we were going to do anyway."

Krug

Newshound
Krug tells his companions: "I came upon Mahdoth's Asylum and asked to speak with Danneth Sonnell. Danneth turned out to be the caretaker in charge. He explained that an one of his inmates, an elf noble named Tabaen Farsong, has claimed to see the party in visions. Danneth was leery about letting me speak with Tabaen, but the elf has been very insistent in his moments of clarity.

When I saw him, I realised Tabaen Farsong is the same elf who fell to to the street screaming while we chased a dark elf and his friends dealt with a burning half-orc! His eyes are sunken and his frame had withered. He wore leather restraints that bound his hands together and to a strap around his waist - probably because of all the clawed scratches near his eyes.

He conveyed this message to me... hold on, I scribbled it somewhere.
"A key. A key. You know the door. The key is deep under Vladaam. You have to get it. You have to get in to keep people out. Many dangers. So many evils. The key is a hand. You must use it so that they cannot. Use it to find the staff that will destroy it. A key that is a hand and a staff that is a knife."

That's all I got from him before I came back... Needed a stiff drink.

And finally this message from Vesto Kam, who says it was sent by Ishara Jare:
The message reads:

"I confirmed another piece of information which may be of import to you. It is said that Danar Rotansin, builder of the Banewarrens, could open the sealed doors of his citadel by touch. It is also recorded that the Dread Lord's hand was taken from Jabel Shammar after the great battle in which he was destroyed. Several years ago the Vladaam's purchased a number of relics including a mummified hand."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"Oh my. Maybe I should go and have a look at the poor elf. Maybe I can help him." Fallon says taking another swig from his oversized mug. "A mummified hand? Shades of Vecna!"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Verakka tkaes in all that his companions have said. 'Well, it looks as if this Vladdam Family has a Hand in this business...' The Lizardman smiles inwardly, he had just made a joke...or a quip or...ach, this mammalian humor was an odd thing to get used to.

'What say Fallon and I go in first as our posed disguises, maybe with Krug under Invisibility as well, get a read on the layout of the place, find the treasure vaults etc...Dyrnas can provide that. Eliminate/clear guards near an entry point and in come the rest of you. Thoughts, my softskinned fellows?'

Verakka idly pulled a small mouse from a bag at his waist, depositing it in Sletha's carrying Satchel.

Dyrnas closed his eyes at his Lord's bad joke. An assault on House Vladdam might be a costly affair, but this group seemed able.

perivas

First Post
Morden tells the others of their appointment with Nicalon tomorrow at dusk. According to Nicalon, the item will be located in the vaults. Nicalon was once a captive in the Vladaam slave cells, hidden beneath the house library. The house vaults are located nearby. Nicalon has offered his aid to help us break in to the estate and take the key. Further, Nicalon has studied their guard patterns and their defenses and believes that he can get a handful of people in without raising an alarm.

Morden adds that his trusts the words of Nicalon and that such a boon, no matter the risk, should be accepted for now. After all, they have little other choice on their own. Morden looks to Malikar to confirm his judgment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads