The Batman (spoilers)

Yes, because every villain should be a serial killer/mass murderer. <rolls eyes>
I felt there was a bit more depth to this riddler. It was great to see them incorporate the social media element in the Riddler's insatiable thirst for attention.

I prefer a more realistic Riddler to the goofy making of faces at the screen of Jim Carrey. Granted, there was a lot more wrong with that movie than just Jim Carrey. Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face was also pretty weak. But this new take on the Riddler was very compelling to watch and kind of creepy.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Finally got around to watching this too. It's my new favorite Batman movie. Only quibble I can think of is that Jeffrey Wright spent way too much time trying to imitate batman voice. And it's super long, but it never dragged. Oh, and I can't believe that here in the year of someone's lord 2022 we're still using naughty wording fat suits. Colin Farrell still kicked ass though.

We're gonna re-watch the Nolan trilogy but I don't see even The Dark Knight (which had even worse pacing issues and false endings, and suffers just as much as the rest of the trilogy from Nolan's signature "what are these things you humans call emotions?") holding up well enough to match this. We recently re-watched the Burton/Schumaker flicks and as much as I enjoy Schumaker's version of high camp Batman as well, I think Reeves nailed the grounded gritty Batman movie perfectly while still having some measure of heart and moments of levity.

Remove ads