The Batman Trailer

ccs

41st lv DM
Hmm. I like the car.

And yes, there will be movies again. And theaters will survive. Or new ones with altered business models will take their place.
As for me sitting in one? I'm not terribly worried about it for myself. Most of the movies I've seen in recent years at theaters have been during the day/on off hours/off evenings when there's been maybe a dozen people present at most. I can continue to do this.
Assuming of course they can keep ticket prices somewhere in the realm of affordable that is. And that goes for streaming as well. For ex; when Disney puts Mulan on D+? I will NOT be paying them $30 to see it.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm left wondering: Will there even be movies again?
I can't see theatres surviving or imagining myself going to sit in one. Just more cancelled releases until a maybe release on a streaming service.

Survived the great depression.

I suspect the billion dollar movie days are over for a bit.

They'll just have to make cheaper movies. Local productions in various countries can still be done.

They might have to go to streaming as well which gets back to make cheaper movies.

Zardnaar

Legend
Hmm. I like the car.

And yes, there will be movies again. And theaters will survive. Or new ones with altered business models will take their place.
As for me sitting in one? I'm not terribly worried about it for myself. Most of the movies I've seen in recent years at theaters have been during the day/on off hours/off evenings when there's been maybe a dozen people present at most. I can continue to do this.
Assuming of course they can keep ticket prices somewhere in the realm of affordable that is. And that goes for streaming as well. For ex; when Disney puts Mulan on D+? I will NOT be paying them $30 to see it.

$30 not to bad if your whole family can watch.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Is this suppose to Be Batman Year 1?
The grim brutal Batmans good but I thought racoon-eye makeup was Nightwings thing :)

MarkB

Legend
I was pretty much done with cinemas even before COVID-19. Having to schedule a specific time and watch something all the way through without pauses or interruptions is so far outside how I consume most other media that it feels alien to me these days. About the only things I watch 'live' anymore are occasional Twitch streams, and at least in those I can participate in peanut-gallery quips, discussions and speculation. People tend to frown at you if you do that in the cinema.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is this suppose to Be Batman Year 1?
The grim brutal Batmans good but I thought racoon-eye makeup was Nightwings thing :)
Batman year 2. He’s been around a year, but he’s viewed as a myth to many.

It’s been described as a gritty detective story. That trailer gives me vibes of Seven and other serial killer movies. But with Batman!

Remove ads