The Batman Trailer

Zardnaar

Legend
A pet peeve is when people say that. Then when it comes to the Oscars they say "I've never seen any of these films." Tons of original films are made every year.

The movies get made but you'll never here about them or they don't make it to your local screen.

The monies in the big tentpole movie's. You get cheap indie films, expensive blockbusters and not much in-between.

Occasionally you'll get something like John Wick or Joker.

Oscar nominations are often for boring period dramas although the last one were the best they've been in years.

Empire Strikes Back was number one film few weeks back, I think the OT is doing the rounds again.

We can go to the movies here, not much to see though.

Is this suppose to Be Batman Year 1?
The grim brutal Batmans good but I thought racoon-eye makeup was Nightwings thing :)

Take a look at all other incarnations of Batman in film post-Adam West. They ALL had dark eyeshadow because otherwise it would look awkward under the mask.

Zardnaar

Legend
Take a look at all other incarnations of Batman in film post-Adam West. They ALL had dark eyeshadow because otherwise it would look awkward under the mask.

I don't recall seeing in out if the bat costume though.

I didn't mind the trailer, kinda want to see it so I guess the trailer did it's job.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The movies get made but you'll never here about them or they don't make it to your local screen.

The monies in the big tentpole movie's. You get cheap indie films, expensive blockbusters and not much in-between.

Occasionally you'll get something like John Wick or Joker.

Oscar nominations are often for boring period dramas although the last one were the best they've been in years.

Empire Strikes Back was number one film few weeks back, I think the OT is doing the rounds again.

We can go to the movies here, not much to see though.
I can't speak to your local screen, but that's because nobody goes to see them, not because Hollywood has no original ideas. If people went to see them, they'd be at your local screen.

They're all at my local screens, though.

See what I mean?

Zardnaar

Legend
I can't speak to your local screen, but that's because nobody goes to see them, not because Hollywood has no original ideas. If people went to see them, they'd be at your local screen.

They're all at my local screens, though.

See what I mean?

Size matters. I live in a small city small country.

From the studio side if things the big money is in the franchises.

I can't recall the % Disney alone made in 2019 with 6 billion dollar plus movies iirc.

Compare the amounts of hits you had in say 80s or 90s in a variety of genres vs now.

Not counting atty farty type movies no one really cares about they've always been there in the background.

New blockbusters are few and far between. MCU, remakes and sequels make up a stupidly high % of the box office.

Top 20

Two are Chinese film iirc it's all franchises, remakes, MCU pretty much.

Next 20 are a bit better but 2019 had a lot of good movies, it's an unusual year. Parasite, Knives Out, 1917 etc.

Top 2 movies worth roughly 21-30 put togather eyeballing it.

Last edited:

Doug McCrae

Legend
Batman punches one guy about a dozen times, way past when the guy stopped resisting. I assume that's an aberration.
I'm not so sure about that. The serial killer villain suggests a particularly dark and gothic version of Batman. Many versions of Batman have been dark and gothic but it looks like this is taking it to 11.

Doug McCrae

Legend
The villain seems to be the Riddler based on the riddle in the card and "?0?1"replacing "2021" as the year of release.

Oswald Cobblepot makes an appearance. Looks like he hasn't become the Penguin yet.

One of the goth-y looking gang Batman attacks has half of her face painted. Possibly a future Two-Face.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Size matters. I live in a small city small country.

From the studio side if things the big money is in the franchises.

I can't recall the % Disney alone made in 2019 with 6 billion dollar plus movies iirc.

Compare the amounts of hits you had in say 80s or 90s in a variety of genres vs now.

Not counting atty farty type movies no one really cares about they've always been there in the background.

New blockbusters are few and far between. MCU, remakes and sequels make up a stupidly high % of the box office.

Top 20

Two are Chinese film iirc it's all franchises, remakes, MCU pretty much.

Next 20 are a bit better but 2019 had a lot of good movies, it's an unusual year. Parasite, Knives Out, 1917 etc.

Top 2 movies worth roughly 21-30 put togather eyeballing it.
I don't know why you're telling me all this. It has nothing to do with what I was talking about, and isn't a topic I'm particularly interested in. Sorry!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases