The Best Meal You Ever Had .... The Great Meal Discussion

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm going to be the junk food junkie here.

Best dinner is one I can replicate as often as I want.

Either a Big Mac with Fries or a Taco Bell Beef Chalupa with another Beef Chalupa to go with it and a thing of Mountain Dew.

Very bad for you.

I don't need expensive things for the rich, give me cheap food and plenty of it and I'm happy.

Second bests would be a breakfast of Krispy Kreme Donuts with as much milk as I want.
You dont have to be rich to eat vegetables and food that hasnt been processed.

Mallus

Legend
I'm going to have to think about 'best meal'. Snarf's rule #4 about 'no external circumstances' is throwing me. If it weren't for that, I'd pick the Icelandic-style hot dog I had at 1:00 AM from the famous hot dog stand near the harbor in downtown Reykjavik, eaten while being serenaded by a drunk local kid railing against "the CORPORATIONS!" in English. It made me feel like we were starring in a Wim Wenders film. Also, the hot dog was delicious.

My last meal would either be steak tartare followed by confit duck leg or a sack of 6 White Castle sliders -- 3 with cheese, 3 without -- and onion rings. Serve either with a martini, up with olives.

Hmm. I can only answer for recently. A month ago, I was in Plano, TX for work, and the CIO, SVP of IT Operations, and I went to Bob's Chop House. While they all went for steak, I saw that they had duck on the menu. It's really hard to find a good duck, so I got it, and it melted in my mouth. Absolutely delicious meal, highly recommend if you're ever in Plano. CIO said he should have gotten it from my reactions to eating it.

Will say it was enhanced by the drinks we had before going there, but it didn't take much to enhance that duck.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Best Meal: Bulgulgi Bap in Seoul. They had an entire huge spread on the table of all the great food, and you made your own wrap. So good.

2nd place goes to Ruth Chris. Petite filet. Not only was the food great, but the staff was amazing. We were there when my son was 6. We were the only people there with a kid. The waiter got down on his level and asked what he wanted like he was a real person. When my son said "chocolate milk", the waiter said they don't normally have that, but he'd see what he'd do. He took dessert chocolate and make chocolate milk with it and brought it out.

Best Burger: Strangely enough, also Korea. Uijeongbu in a tiny hole in the wall place just outside of the military base. The owner steamed the buns and made the burgers in a way that to this day are still the best I've had.

Last Meal: Probably a really good fajita

GreyLord

Legend
Fair enough, I was just commenting on this;

I have tastes that don't go for the more expensive stuff I suppose. I've been all around the world, eaten at many places of great exhibit and taste, but the best places are almost always places you wouldn't imagine. (for me, at least. Eventually you realize, at least for many, that the places that cost a lot are many times selling an "experience" more than what the food is, and if you really want the food, go to the street and find out what is actually really popular among the people who live there. The more popular a place, no matter how cheap, is probably where you are going to find the food that is actually what they like more and tastes better...at least for me).

And interestingly enough, I've always come back to American Fast Food as what I would prefer as the best of the best in the US. At the top of it all (though, go back to when they used the real method of cooking them), the best fry there is are the ones from Mcdonalds (as long as you eat them fresh).

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I have tastes that don't go for the more expensive stuff I suppose. I've been all around the world, eaten at many places of great exhibit and taste, but the best places are almost always places you wouldn't imagine. (for me, at least. Eventually you realize, at least for many, that the places that cost a lot are many times selling an "experience" more than what the food is, and if you really want the food, go to the street and find out what is actually really popular among the people who live there. The more popular a place, no matter how cheap, is probably where you are going to find the food that is actually what they like more and tastes better...at least for me).

And interestingly enough, I've always come back to American Fast Food as what I would prefer as the best of the best in the US. At the top of it all (though, go back to when they used the real method of cooking them), the best fry there is are the ones from Mcdonalds (as long as you eat them fresh).
Not my experience, but I appreciate you expanding on this. Fast food is pretty awesome when I'm drunk, but I don't think my tastes should be taken seriously at that point. ;)

G

Guest 7034872

Not my experience, but I appreciate you expanding on this. Fast food is pretty awesome when I'm drunk, but I don't think my tastes should be taken seriously at that point. ;)
Jushh what're you immplyinng, mishhtur?!

Remove ads