The Best Meal You Ever Had .... The Great Meal Discussion

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I am actually a bigger fan of leg and neck than I am of the rack. (I am talking about Lamb)
Yeah, I love leg as well (usually roasted with lots of garlic and lemons and rubbed with a ton of herbs). Lollipop particularly sprang to mind in part because of the elegance and simple portioning in this lorge feast. :ROFLMAO:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah, I love leg as well (usually roasted with lots of garlic and lemons and rubbed with a ton of herbs). Lollipop particularly sprang to mind in part because of the elegance and simple portioning in this lorge feast. :ROFLMAO:
In the summer I toss together a Moroccan spice blend and smoke the leg at 250 for 3 hours. Perfect medium rare and better than prime rib every time...

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
In the summer I toss together a Moroccan spice blend and smoke the leg at 250 for 3 hours. Perfect medium rare and better than prime rib every time...
I don't know if it's going to beat my mother's prime rib, but I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

(TBF, for me lamb and roast beef sing significantly different notes, so I normally wouldn't try to compare, even when I'm eating them off the same plate.)

Janx

Hero
I'm terrible at this. I can't recall a restaurant meal that was so awesome that it stood out. I like food, but it's just food. If we had to switch to food pellets, I'd be fine and prolly lose a few pounds,.

I do have the violates rule 4 example where I spent 3 days in the woods for survival training and the first meal was a BK with cheese sticks that was AMAZING! In fact, that is the one strong memory I really have of eating something and it was 20 years ago. We were in the drive-thru, so it wasn't even sit-down...

Last Meal? Lasagna made by my wife. It's good. It's hard to make. There's love in it.

Oh that breaks a rule, too? Fine, we'll go where my wife wants to go.

Also, my wife makes an awesome porkchop with carmelized onion and pineapple and goatcheese.

She makes the food I like the best.

Janx

Hero
OK, I see what Danny did later.

Best Salsa: Los Reyes on 1960, in the 97-2003 era. It was smooth, thickish. thinner than queseo. Dip a chip and it coated it. They got old and retired and the place closed. I never had a salsa like it and I wish I could reproduce it because overall, I'm not keen on any other salsa.

That place was one of the first Mexican restaurants I'd been to when I moved down here.

payn

I don't know if it's going to beat my mother's prime rib, but I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

(TBF, for me lamb and roast beef sing significantly different notes, so I normally wouldn't try to compare, even when I'm eating them off the same plate.)
I think I had some prime rib that was meh, and then a month or two later my first (that I cooked) leg'o'lamb and it just blew the experience out of the water. So, thats where I started using the comparison. Folks (like my family) think prime rib cant be beat and wont even try lamb.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Y’all fellow meat lovers need to find and dine in a Brazillian churrascaria at some point. As much as I love a good prime rib or ribeye steak at a top steakhouse, I consider a churrascaria to be an equally epicurean delight for carnivores.

For those who don’t know, the typical setup- at least in the American versions- is an all-you-can-eat upscale salad & soup bar in the middle of the restaurant, and a wandering squadron of waiters who deliver meat on skewers to be sliced off onto your plate...also as much as you can cram down your gullet. They’ll keep bringing you meat and slicing it off with their sharp, machete-sized knives as long as you keep signaling them so to do. Each restaurant is a little different, but a typical one will have between 1-2 dozen different meats, covering various presentations of poultry, beef, pork and lamb, and sometime some more exotic things.

My buds and I have tried a bunch of them around Dallas/Ft. Worth, and we don’t really have favorites. Each has something ridiculously good, so when we decide to hit one, we pick on the basis of what particular dish we want…or simply which one is most convenient, because damn if they aren’t all good.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
My honeymoon, Cairo in the 90's, lamb and couscous, it was five star for $20, and $20 afterwards for a private boat on the Nile. It was a real relief after europe, because my wife who is Apache and Ukrainian, there was a lot of racism against her, such as in brussels, we could not even get served at restaurants, or in berlin's subway, we were almost attacked by nazis; the Egyptians were truly civilized in comparison.

I remember looking out over the Nile at nighttime, the Moon's reflection on the water, as the boatman manned the rudder and lateen sail, and his son made us cardamon tea. It was really perfect.

payn

Y’all fellow meat lovers need to find and dine in a Brazillian churrascaria at some point. As much as I love a good prime rib or ribeye steak at a top steakhouse, I consider a churrascaria to be an equally epicurean delight for carnivores.

For those who don’t know, the typical setup- at least in the American versions- is an all-you-can-eat upscale salad & soup bar in the middle of the restaurant, and a wandering squadron of waiters who deliver meat on skewers to be sliced off onto your plate...also as much as you can cram down your gullet. They’ll keep bringing you meat and slicing it off with their sharp, machete-sized knives as long as you keep signaling them so to do. Each restaurant is a little different, but a typical one will have between 1-2 dozen different meats, covering various presentations of poultry, beef, pork and lamb, and sometime some more exotic things.

My buds and I have tried a bunch of them around Dallas/Ft. Worth, and we don’t really have favorites. Each has something ridiculously good, so when we decide to hit one, we pick on the basis of what particular dish we want…or simply which one is most convenient, because damn if they aren’t all good.
Oh yeah, I been to a few of these. The one in Minneapolis is a little too busy for my tastes. It feels like the staff wants you in and out ASAP. Kinda ruins the ambiance. They have an excellent one in Madison WI that is in an old playhouse. They have three piece jazz bands play on certain nights which is my kinda ambiance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases