The Best Meal You Ever Had .... The Great Meal Discussion

Undrave

Legend
My father got married last weekend and he had reserved an entire Italian restaurant from a client of his company. They kept bringing plate after plate before we even got to the main dish but what a dish... I got the beef cheek on a risotto and it was the some of the best meat I ever got.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I love asparagus but sadly have both the genetic traits for producing the unfortunate scent and for smelling it. Which does cut into how often I enjoy it.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I had an unusually great taco meal Saturday night at Trail Break in White River Junction, VT.

Start with fancy street corn (sweet grilled corn on the cob topped with pepper aioli, grated cotija cheese & micro cilantro), proceed to two tacos absolutely STUFFED with meat, one marinated, shaved carne asada with red onion, guac, and house mild sauce, the other sweet pork with pickled red onion, cotija cheese and lime crema. Pair those with a salad of fresh spring mix with grilled pineapple vinaigrette, shaved onion, crumbled cotija and toasted pepitas served with a big slice of blackened grilled watermelon. They have a good beer selection, too.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Best tacos I've had are from Tacovore. Can you believe in this day and age, these are still only $5 each? And they are large tortillas, not the small street taco size.

1651686592723.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My favorite street tacos came from a Indian-Mexican joint that used to be around the corner from me. On Wednesday, they sold them for $1 each.

It was lawless awesomeness! You could get Chicken 65 with a creamy avocado aioli, barbacoa with a mint sauce, refried beans to go with your biryani, and so forth.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
My favorite street tacos came from a Indian-Mexican joint that used to be around the corner from me. On Wednesday, they sold them for $1 each.

It was lawless awesomeness! You could get Chicken 65 with a creamy avocado aioli, barbacoa with a mint sauce, refried beans to go with your biryani, and so forth.

Danny .... I hate to break it to you .... but Jack in the Box isn't an Indian-Mexican joint.

Remove ads