• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The best Villian

ScarletDuke

First Post
Wow guys thanks, i got alot of ideas from you. And yes this probably should have been in the general discussion sorry for that mix up.

I will look at Kenzers villian hand book.

Oh and Dagger yeouch you play rough i like it. A dragon wizard Psion sound very nasty. I just went DOH, i have no clue why i just did not decide to mix the two together. I usually think that Hybrids are lacking, but then that comes from to many online games, in PnP games those weaknesses are not as damaging.

Thanks once again guys for responding you were a huge help.

Corlon

First Post
wizard or rouge

The wizard and the rogue have probably the most options. The wizard is everything the people said before, but rogues, they can create specialized poisons with a high enough skill check (10d6 con primary, with 10d6 con secondary, 1d6 weeks of paralysis, and harm spell in it... oh yeah, and DC 30 (using the rules from the quissential rogue or traps and treachery, I can't remember)). They can also use wands and scrolls with use magic device, making them versitle. The dividing the party with walls would work for a rogue. With improved invisibility, sneak attack can get annoying, and he could also be the leader of a guild, or a trap master. how about a trap with blades covered in the poison described above (ouch!).
The worst would be a team of nemesis all working for the same organization. How about an cleric/vampire/master of shrouds, a half-orc with sunder and other stuff, a wizard, AND a rogue.

With a psion, you never know what you can get. He could be using a bow, in full armor, and then start whipping out Concussions on them. They may not know where it's coming from (If he's using hide power).

The displays have been errata'd, they now appear either on the target or from the psion. I'd always pick the target. Note, however, that the look of concentration on the psion's face is unmistakeable - like a cross between a headache and advanced algebra.

Thrall is an awesome power -- the ability to make someone your permanent slave.

I prefer True Domination. It's 1 level lower, lasts 1 day/level, and opponents suffer a -10! penalty to their Will saves to resist commands. If they failed their first Will save, they're going to fail the next one!

Dragon wizard/psion.

This sort of multiclass is weak. You're better off using gem dragons for psionic dragons (available for free at WotC) or the MM dragons for spellcasting dragons.

Dragon + Haste = full attack every round!

Best villain

The best villains aren't necessarily the most powerful, but they are the peoplewho can hit you where you are vulnerable. I find that the best villains are usually those whom the party has known and trusted for quite a long time and who betrays them at the worst possible moment. What better motivation for a group of characters than revenge. What better sense of accomplishment than successfully killing the peron or persons who betrayed you? Of course, the bad guy could be a wizard, sorcerer or psion, makes no difference.

Stormcrow

First Post
My personal opinion, Wizard. In fact, the D&D suplement Tome and Blood has the perfect dispicable villain. The Pale Master. These people are indeed sick. Try one out for size.

Remove ads