• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Best & Worst of 3rd Edition: FINAL FIVE: PHB II, UA, Eberon, Ptolus, Pathfinder

Pick the one that is BEST

• Eberon Campaign Setting (WotC)

Votes: 106 20.9%
  • Path Finder: Rise of the Runelords (Paizo)

Votes: 122 24.1%
  • Players Handbook II (WotC)

Votes: 84 16.6%
  • Ptolus (Malhavoc)

Votes: 115 22.7%
  • Unearthed Arcana (WotC)

Votes: 79 15.6%

• Poll closed .

Aureus

First Post
Hello everyone!

More or less I am just a guest from the boards over at Paizo Publishing, but this poll is really interesting as I am a huge fan of both: Eberron and Golarion (Pathfinder).

Eberron is great, but the devil is in the detail. And the parts of Golarion that are important to Pathfinder are MUCH more detailed than that world from Wizards. :cool:

EDIT: How do I actually vote in the poll? Just by reply as I did or...?

Last edited:

evermind

First Post
moritheil said:
Hey, their money makes the industry possible.

I do have my doubts about people going to lengths corrupting online polls (however easy) actually BUYING books, if they can (try) to grab a .pdf copy.

Correct me if I am too cynical.....

SSquirrel

Explorer
The poll closes Monday morning. It should have as series of selectable boxes at the top of the thread. If they aren't there and all you can see is how many votes each product received, you likely voted already

paz

First Post
SSquirrel said:
...you likely voted already
Of course, that hasn't stopped some people!

I wonder, are they cheating to prove a point about the fallibility of on-line polls, or because they really like UA?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I voted Eberron - but it was close. PHB II and Pathfinder are also excellent. These are all good products, though I have to question Pathfinder - while wonderful it is not a single product. (Now in a competition with Dungeon... hands down Pathfinder. :) )

The Auld Grump
*EDIT* How bad has the cheating gotten, anyway?

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
Captain Howdy said:
I don't see how anything else on the list can come close to Ptolus as the best single product. I like everything on the list, but as far as best product goes... It's less a matter of opinion and more just a fact that Ptolus is a great product, and the best of 3.x.

For me, it's a matter of use.

I've modeled several different campaign types out of the material in Unearthed Arcana and I've used the crap out of it as a player.

Almost all the crunchy bits in Ptlous are in other books or on the website and while it's a great setting and has a ton of stuff to use, it's pretty much sat on my shelf as I've been a player more than a GM for several months and before that it still had to compete with other settings including a long running Forgotten Realms campaign I'd been running.

Solid product? Absolutely.

Used as much as almost any other book on that list? Not at all.

Greylock

First Post
Heathansson said:
To the guy who voted 100 times for UA today,.....
good job on the whole life thing, getting one and all that.

I wouldn't pick so much on just that one person - whoever it is they are going at pretty much the same pace as the person voting for Eberron.

Remove ads