The Best & Worst of 3rd Edition: SINGLE BEST Product of 3rd edition (poll closed)

Choose the single one you like best

• Draconomicon (WotC)

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (WotC)

Votes: 124 16.8%
  • Magic Item Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 37 5.0%
  • Player's Handbook II (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Spell Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Unearthed Arcana (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Complete Book of Eldritch Might (MP)

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe (XRP)

Votes: 35 4.7%
  • Midnight (FF)

Votes: 31 4.2%
  • Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords (Pz)

Votes: 83 11.3%
  • Ptolus (MP)

Votes: 104 14.1%
  • Tome of Horrors I (rev.) (NG)

Votes: 38 5.2%
  • I want ZAZ, and they ain’t got it.

Votes: 19 2.6%

• Poll closed .

Psion

Adventurer
Thrommel said:
However, I did not register an account specifically to stuff the box and I looked at all the products listed and chose the one I like best. I don't see how my experience or opinion is invalidated because I followed a link.

Well, it's only "invalidated" if you are labor under the delusion that it was a scientific poll. :)

In a scientific poll, though, that's exactly the sort of thing you don't want, because it gives you a biased sample. In a scientific poll, you want an unbiased sample.

Obviously, some folks were expecting or hoping for something that was sorta kinda an unbiased poll, but the truth is, it's sort of hard to guarantee this in this sort of public messageboard poll.

DMH

First Post
TerraDave said:
Ok, lets all just take a deep breath.

This poll isn't over yet.

Looking at the closing date, it won't be for a long time.

Of those listed, I voted UA. The bloodlines, environmental varients and variable modifiers are all highly useful in my settings.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
And with 369 votes...

Eberron Campaign Setting (WotC) 23.58%
Ptolus (MP) 20.87%
Unearthed Arcana (WotC) 10.57%
Player's Handbook II (WotC) 8.67%
Midnight (FF) 7.32%
A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe (XRP) 4.88%
Draconomicon (WotC) 4.61%
Spell Compendium (WotC) 4.61%
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords (Pz) 4.34%
Tome of Horrors I (rev.) (NG) 3.79%
Magic Item Compendium (WotC) 3.25%
Complete Book of Eldritch Might (MP) 1.90%

So is someone lobbying for eberon somewhere?

In any case, this has certainly turned into the most interesting of these polls.

TerraDave said:
So is someone lobbying for eberon somewhere?

In any case, this has certainly turned into the most interesting of these polls.
I posted in the WotC Eberron forums. The members did the rest, I assume, although there aren't that many posts in that particular thread.

Turjan

Explorer
Greg K said:
I wouldn't rig the poll, but I did want to see what ENWorld regulars (or at least those here often enough to have found the polls on their own) and willing to vote found to be the best. Now, with Monte linking the poll to his site, we can't.
I think you grossly overestimate the traffic on Monte's board. This announcement there won't have much of an effect.

That said, I voted for the Complete Book of Eldritch Might. Looking at the poll, I seem to have an esoteric taste ;). Anyway, it's one of the earliest books in this poll, and the good earlier books have been more important to "my D&D" than the later ones.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Oh, it had an effect. But the eberon forum had a bigger one.

Right now the votes are pouring in. We will see the rankings tomorow.

Zander

Explorer
It was difficult deciding. For pure reading enjoyment, I would have gone for Tome of Horrors. But for utility + enjoyment, it was a toss-up between PHB II and the Spell Compendium. In the end, I went with the Spell Compendium as it's the non-core book I use most.

Remove ads