The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

MarkB

Legend
His accent has always been sort of indeterminate. But Ayla Secura’s was French, as was Hera’s dad and pretty much every other twi’lek shown in the movies and cartoons.
Sounds like one of those one-off details that got picked up and extrapolated as a universal constant, like how all bounty hunters seal their targets in carbonite because one time there was a carbon-freezing facility on Bespin that was used on someone who, entirely coincidentally, also had a bounty on him.

In any case, we can reasonably assume that there are varied regional accents amongst twi'leks, as there would be in any other race.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
So, in diplomatic terms, the Mayor sending a proxy is clearly a calculated insult, intended to see how far they can push this new crime lord. However, in storytelling terms, it seems like they may be keeping the Mayor's identity from the viewers deliberately, presumably because it's someone we'll immediately recognise. Any guesses as to who?
My guess:

hammerhead-1209.jpg

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Well if there's a bright center to the universe you're on the planet it's farthest from" =least accurate statement from the original film.

Couldn't agree more.

Staffan

Legend
So, in diplomatic terms, the Mayor sending a proxy is clearly a calculated insult, intended to see how far they can push this new crime lord. However, in storytelling terms, it seems like they may be keeping the Mayor's identity from the viewers deliberately, presumably because it's someone we'll immediately recognise. Any guesses as to who?
I didn't consider that aspect when watching the episode, but it makes sense. The obvious answer would be Lando Calrissian, as he's the one character from the OT we'd recognize and who'd be able to get himself a mayorship in some podunk town, and who'd likely not be happy about paying tribute to Fett. Only problem is that while the show takes place 5 years after the Battle of Endor, in real terms it's been more like 35. So unless Lando's only going to have a minor on-screen presence, like Luke's in the Mandalorian, I don't see that happening.

So perhaps it'd be more likely to be someone we've seen in either the Mandalorian or perhaps a character from one of the animated shows?

I liked the fly over view of Mos Espa. It showed a level of life that I don't normally associate with Tattooine in my head. The flashbacks were interesting though I hope we don't get that through every episode. My only gripe with the show so far is that the fight scenes felt like a step down from what we got in the Mandalorian series.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I’m getting a bit bored of Tatooine.
"Well if there's a bright center to the universe you're on the planet it's farthest from" =least accurate statement from the original film.

Couldn't agree more.

I've been complaining about that ever since the prequels. This planet was supposed to be a backwater that no one has heard of or ever goes to, but apparently if you start to run out of fuel, it's the closest gas station.

Tatooine is a backwater of the Empire but even from Episode IV was important enough to have crimelords and scum and villains hanging out there. So should have vibrant and lively areas.
If we assume from that movie that the Tantive IV hadn't been chased for too long it also can't be too far from important stuff
Plus teenagers always think where they come from is "dull".

Remove ads