The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
So, making weapons out of Beskar is a no-go, but making tools out of Beskar and then using them as weapons is perfectly fine, as is making the hilt of a weapon out of Beskar, so long as the part that you're actually using as a weapon isn't made of Beskar.

I love the Mandalorian, but this is absolute nonsense. (Well, given that an extremist cult of zealots made up these rules, that could be an in-world explanation for that, but that's still a pretty weak argument.)
Let me give you a real-world example of something like this...

There are 39 activities that are not permitted on Shabbos. All have loopholes.

For example "sorting" is prohibited. Now, let's say there is a bowl of mixed peanuts and raisins. You want the peanuts but not the raisins. Removing (effectively sorting) the raisins from the bowl, leaving a 'purified' pile of peanuts free from unwanted raisins, would be sorting or purification as the raisins are removed. However, removing the desirable peanuts from the raisins does not purify the mixture, as one is left with undesirable raisins (hence unrefined), which is NOT a refined component as before, and is thus permissible.

Yeah... it's absolute nonsense. And I completely buy the argument as part of the Mandalorian religion.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Space magic.

She didn't need to use a weapon, since Din Djarin was unable to master it.

Note that this is because may be because either:

a) he has yet to prove himself worthy (needs to atone for removing his helmet);

b) It's not rightfully his. Bo-Katan was gifted it, Moff Gideon stole it. Sabine Wren remains it's true master.
She was using beskar hammers, which are her forging tools, not specifically weapons.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
The whole "Beskar is used for armour, not weapons" thing came across as an oddly contrived reason for getting rid of the Beskar spear, especially since one of the first ever things we see being manufactured from Beskar are the "singing birds" homing darts. And I notice nobody suggested melting down the Beskar hilt of the Darksaber.

The Armorer is just upset that her D&D Dwarven Druid couldn't wear Beskar Armor so she is taking it out on Mando. That scene will be shown when they do the end of season behind the scene special.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Armorer's Coven is an offspring of the Deathwatch. They're basically Mando-Taliban.
If anyone is the Taliban in Star Wars, it's the Jedi.

Star Wars: A movie about a religious zealot and guerilla leader living in a hideout in a mountainous desert who indoctrinates a dissatisfied youth and leads him to use fly his plane into a government structure to strike out against an imperialist power as part of a civil war.

Osama bin Kenobi

Remove ads