The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

So,it's not the Elder Wand.
It probably isn't space magic to that extent.

I would say that, aside from symbolism, the darksabre is the same as any other lightsabre. Any jedi could pick up and use it effectively, but in order for a non-jedi to wield it effectively they have to be in tune with the Force. That means self-belief. Sabine needed extensive training from a jedi before being able to wield the darksabre. But Din Djarin is an emotional mess at the moment. He needs to decide who he is before he can master the darksabre.

As for the prophecy, this can be tied to the ability of a jedi to see glimpses of the future through the Force, and again, the role of the darksabre is symbolic. Mandalore was not actually destroyed* because Sabine gave away the darksabre, it was destroyed because she left a lesser leader in charge whilst she went galivanting around the galaxy with her rebel friends.

*I seems likely that this was part of "Operation Cinder" and therefore occurred just after RotJ.

pukunui

Legend
It seems likely that this was part of "Operation Cinder" and therefore occurred just after RotJ.
I’m not so sure.

When Din was seeking Bo-Katan’s help to rescue Grogu, and she mentioned she wanted to reclaim Mandalore, Boba Fett commented that the Empire had “turned the planet to glass.”

Considering that he spent most of RotJ in the sarlacc and didn’t escape until who knows how long after, Boba had either only just recently learned that or it happened sometime before RotJ.

Last edited:

You reckon? Boba Fett knew Mandalore had been “turned to glass”. Unless he only found that out in between finding Fennec and then catching up with Din, it seems to me more likely that it happened sometime before RotJ.
He went into town a couple of times whilst living with the sand people, so he could have been up to speed on galactic events. Otherwise he would have been surprised to hear that the empire had fallen.

pukunui

Legend
He went into town a couple of times whilst living with the sand people, so he could have been up to speed on galactic events. Otherwise he would have been surprised to hear that the empire had fallen.
Would the destruction of Mandalore be something you’d hear about on Tatooine, though?

Remove ads