The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

MarkB

Legend
I think that's a stretch. There was no logic to it. I reckon that when Lucas made Star Wars (IV), he did not plan that Anakin had grown up on Tatooine. Tatooine was envisaged as an out of the way world nobody had every heard of. Anakin's history came much, much later.
The only part in there that really bothers me is the whole "Threepio was Anakin's droid all along, and Artoo was there too" bit. Poor old Threepio gets his mind wiped, and apparently Artoo is just happily feigning ignorance for the rest of the series.

Stalker0

Legend
The only part in there that really bothers me is the whole "Threepio was Anakin's droid all along, and Artoo was there too" bit. Poor old Threepio gets his mind wiped, and apparently Artoo is just happily feigning ignorance for the rest of the series.
Its because we didn't have BB8 yet, if that had created that little cutie for the prequels, it would have been "R2who?". The new trilogy did many things wrong, BB8 was not one of them.

GreyLord

Legend
Perhaps you could view Tatooine similarly to the Western Half of Texas.

Not a ton of people live in the rural areas, it's rather much like a desert with scrub grass, and could be a good place (or used to be) for people to hide.

However, I think a TON of people have heard of Texas, there actually is quite a bit of business that comes from there, and is a prime area for oil wells.

Ryujin

Legend
I think that's a stretch. There was no logic to it. I reckon that when Lucas made Star Wars (IV), he did not plan that Anakin had grown up on Tatooine. Tatooine was envisaged as an out of the way world nobody had every heard of. Anakin's history came much, much later.
The funny thing being that Lucas claimed, on several occasions, that he had all 6 episodes mapped out years ago.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yup, that was one of the silliest things for sure. Didn't R2 and 3P0 pass in front of Vader in the hall in Star Wars before taking off in the escape pod? And he didn't think to himself "Hey, there goes that Droid I built as a kid and the one that was my wingman in the war!" Or does Vader never share a screen with them in the whole trilogy?

But I'm sorry if I started a tangent of "dis the prequels". I really would like to talk about BoBF.

MarkB

Legend
Yup, that was one of the silliest things for sure. Didn't R2 and 3P0 pass in front of Vader in the hall in Star Wars before taking off in the escape pod? And he didn't think to himself "Hey, there goes that Droid I built as a kid and the one that was my wingman in the war!" Or does Vader never share a screen with them in the whole trilogy?
Well, he does shoot Artoo in the head that one time in Episode IV, but he was flying a TIE Fighter at the time, so it probably wasn't personal. And Threepio definitely isn't looking his normal self when Chewbacca wears him like a backpack in the carbon freezing scene in Episode V, so he can be forgiven for not recognising him.
But I'm sorry if I started a tangent of "dis the prequels". I really would like to talk about BoBF.
That's fair. So, how about that big centaur-gorilla-lizard thing? Are we thinking sentient species, or just ambush predator? Both is possible, I guess.

Mallus

Legend
I’m a little disappointed after one episode. Especially after seeing Richard Rodriguez directed it. Not bad, but not captivating out of the gate like The Mandalorian.

There’s got to be a twist coming, right? Like, this isn’t going to be the show it appears to be. Just like the Mandalorian wasn’t about bounty-hunting.

it’s not going to be about single-parenting a baby Yoda, obviously. But where will it go?

Remove ads