The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, the gaffi stick is not a taiaha but Tem wields it like one sometimes. I first noticed that in the Mandalorian episode where he’s fighting the stormtroopers.

He made a few Māori warrior expressions, and his approach to treating the Tuskens as the indigenous people of Tatooine lined up with the Māori worldview.

The dance at the end didn’t strike me as particularly Māori, though. Looked like something a Native American tribe could have practiced.

Zardnaar

Legend
Wow. You’re not kidding. That’s pretty much exactly the same. Must have been the original inspiration.

When I was a kid in the 80's mother worked for a Maori organization.

Anyway they had a workshop there for bonecarving and pounamu carving.

Of course it got used to make patu and a taiha lol. Lived over the road from a Maori family and their extended whanau had one if the last guys who could make a traditional reed canoe so he made one and it came to our school. Last I saw it was in the local museum.

Two maraes nearby one old pa and rock drawings near my hometown. Polynesian art is beautiful.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
When I was a kid in the 80's mother worked for a Maori organization.

Anyway they had a workshop there for bonecarving and pounamu carving.

Of course it got used to make patu and a taiha lol. Lived over the road from a Maori family and their extended whanau had one if the last guys who could make a traditional reed canoe so he made one and it came to our school. Last I saw it was in the local museum.

Two maraes nearby one old pa and rock drawings near my hometown. Polynesian art is beautiful.
I work with Māori in my day job and have learned a lot in the past few years.

I don't care for any future indication. To me she is a badass Tusken warrior woman.
Agreed.

Remove ads