The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Agreed. Towards the end she was primarily used as a tool to advance narrative. It was really heavy handed. It got to the point when she spoke we would think “ok, here comes the third person summary”. Shame.

Never even noticed. I thought everything was fine and it was a fun show that maybe overdid the cheese and fan service a bit. After all, this is Star Wars, not some over-serious drivel like The Godfather.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
which show has had the mods biker gang before this one?

EDIT: The parts that were new to this show (the mods in particular) weren't well recived.
Speeders, riders and speeder chases are nothing new. A good one happened on Endor. Coloring the speeder bikes and giving them lots of mirrors doesn't really count to make it new. Bad? Yes. New? No. :)

Staffan

Legend
Speeders, riders and speeder chases are nothing new. A good one happened on Endor. Coloring the speeder bikes and giving them lots of mirrors doesn't really count to make it new. Bad? Yes. New? No. :)
The mods were a cool concept, but the slow chase through Mos Espa kind of robbed them of their coolness.

Basically, pretty much all the show that wasn't either Dances with Bantha or Mandalorian season 2.5 felt phoned in.

Janx

Hero
That was prolly one of the best episodes of the 5 actual Boba series.

I still think handing over 2 full episodes to not-Boba chars was a bad idea. Would've been different if it was Fennec or the Gamorean Guards getting some back story or day in the life story.

I also feel bad for the Gamorean Guards. They fought so hard, only to get shoved off a cliff.

Overall, it seems like the problem could have been solved by Fennec taking a trip sooner to the Pike's office where Boba'd already been before.

Problems:
why does it take so long for them to get somebody on the rooftop?

Why do they all arrive to help, only to group up in the same basic spot outside the Sanctuary?

Why didn't they start shooting the moment the droids stepped a foot our from around the corner? The shields didn't come up until they positioned themselves.

Why didn't they shoot once the shield went down to help Boba and his pet?

Did anybody notice the tip of Boba's staff bent when he pulled it out of Bane, but the next camera cut was straight?

How did Krrrsantan and the 2 power Modders get back with the group when they fell behind to shoot the droid and it passed them?

Stalker0

Legend
which show has had the mods biker gang before this one?

EDIT: The parts that were new to this show (the mods in particular) weren't well recived.
I feel like the mods weren’t actually characters, they were just moving set pieces. I learned more about Amy Sederikis mechanic in her 5 min convo with Mando than I learned about all of the mods combined in the whole show.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
The mods would have been a fun idea, if they weren't diluting an already incredibly diluted story. And didn't look like they wandered in from a completely different show in every scene they were in. And weren't so obviously merchandise bait / kid appeal characters with zero actual charactization beyond "teenagers with attitude".

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The mods were a cool concept, but the slow chase through Mos Espa kind of robbed them of their coolness.

Basically, pretty much all the show that wasn't either Dances with Bantha or Mandalorian season 2.5 felt phoned in.
The mods did seem a bit out of place though, they are a cyberpunk concept that might have been fine on Coruscant or similar urban planet but were just a bit too much for Tatooines desert towns.
and yeah the slow chase robbed them of any cool they might have earned by better stunts and fx

Remove ads