The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
which show has had the mods biker gang before this one?

EDIT: The parts that were new to this show (the mods in particular) weren't well recived.
Mods and biker gangs aren’t new. Real life had mods and biker gangs 70 years ago. They might be new to you, but they aren’t new.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
I mean, I think wanting "new" as a general concept is a silly demand, since everything is based off of something else, and can usually be boiled down to a base concept that's old as dirt. The mods gang is new to the setting of Star Wars, but they feel shallow, poorly thought out, and not an organic part of the world they live in.

But then, maybe if we had more time to get to know literally any of them, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I still stand by the biggest issue with this series is that we have no idea why any of the characters want what they want. Which is likely due to the show only having five episodes to tell its story.

MarkB

Legend
This has been my point, they tried something new for the setting, and for many, it didn't work.
But the point you seem to be trying to convey is that it must be its newness that made people dislike it, and that therefore those asking for something new are being hypocritical.

Which excludes the possibility that it was disliked due to flaws unrelated to whether it was new or not.

But the point you seem to be trying to convey is that it must be its newness that made people dislike it, and that therefore those asking for something new are being hypocritical.

Which excludes the possibility that it was disliked due to flaws unrelated to whether it was new or not.
I deleted the "for any number of reasons it didn't work for many" which in retrospect I should have kept. While for others it worked just fine.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
if he’s going to go back home to get something useful…. maybe bring his heavily armed spaceship next time not a rancor? (And maybe go grab that X-wing too?)
No matter the damage the rancor caused, it would have been nothing compared to the collateral damage from ships weapons.

Argyle King

Legend
I don't know how exactly I feel regarding on the final episode.

I feel as though there were a lot of cool individual parts, but they were tossed together sloppily.

The entire plan for how to fight the Syndicate was almost laughably bad. It's a bit jarring to watch a show in which Boba and Fennec are often incompetent at basic military tactics.

Remove ads