The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
If the Mods had their own goals in the show, I think their integration would have worked a lot better. Hell, if the Mods were already fighting the Pikes over the spice ("Your drugs are ruining our homes and families!"), then they'd have a legitimate reason for joining Fett, Fett would have a much more valid reason for bringing them into the fold, and it would have given both the battle as a whole (people's lives being actively ruined by spice) and the mods in particular better grounding in the story.

MarkB

Legend
And the more I think about it, the more I don't think calling them crime lords is accurate. It's essentially a fiefdom, they ARE the ruling authorities in the area. Smaller places pay tribute (taxes), and the New Republic doesn't appear to actually exert any control planet-side, or beef with the people who do control the planet.
Traditionally Tattooine has been independent of the Republic, but they're called crime lords because they control crime syndicates that do operate within Republic / Empire territory.

Though oddly enough, the New Republic does seem to hold some sway there now, given how much Peli Motto was panicking about permits when Luke's X-Wing was landing.

Ryujin

Legend
Traditionally Tattooine has been independent of the Republic, but they're called crime lords because they control crime syndicates that do operate within Republic / Empire territory.

Though oddly enough, the New Republic does seem to hold some sway there now, given how much Peli Motto was panicking about permits when Luke's X-Wing was landing.
Which is also why the Spice trade couldn't take place in orbit; patrols. Maybe off in some secluded corner of space but I get the impression that sort of precision navigation, without a gravity well, isn't really a thing in the Star Wars universe.

Ryujin

Legend
I suppose so. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking this way, but I would think that doing either of those careers as a long term profession would lead to learning a few things. I don't expect Hannibal crossing the Alps.

Though, I do expect some grasp of basic ideas. I feel as though Boba would come up with an idea. Then Fennec would offer a way to "improve" the idea which actually made it worse.

In Fennec's case, I would think that being an assassin would offer some insight into how to fight as a smaller group (or individual) against a more numerous target. The show itself even shows that she's skilled in doing so during her flashback episode.

I'm curious if combat choreography is a thing. I know fist fights and such are choreographed, but do movies/shows ever consult someone to lay out bigger scale conflicts?

Side note: I would have rather the Mods been pushed off the cliff than the green guys.
Have you ever watched the background characters in most movies/TV shows during a major battle. Some of it is rather comical ;)

Janx

Hero
Which is also why the Spice trade couldn't take place in orbit; patrols. Maybe off in some secluded corner of space but I get the impression that sort of precision navigation, without a gravity well, isn't really a thing in the Star Wars universe.
are there no gas giants in this system? Space is big. Plenty of balls in the sky.

Janx

Hero
If the Mods had their own goals in the show, I think their integration would have worked a lot better. Hell, if the Mods were already fighting the Pikes over the spice ("Your drugs are ruining our homes and families!"), then they'd have a legitimate reason for joining Fett, Fett would have a much more valid reason for bringing them into the fold, and it would have given both the battle as a whole (people's lives being actively ruined by spice) and the mods in particular better grounding in the story.
they kinda did that when Boba met them, but it was like one scene with a water monger and Boba hired them. Since then, they were happy to do his bidding.

Maybe the writers thought that was enough.

Staffan

Legend

Tattooine was clearly part of the Empire back in A New Hope, although they seemed content to let the Hutts do their thing. So I guess that when the Empire fell, the New Republic found itself with some territories that weren't part of the Old Republic.

Remove ads