• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General The Borrowers In D&D ?

GuyBoy

Hero
Way back in about 1984-ish, GenCon UK ran it’s D&D Competition with players as half-orcs shrunk by their wizard master to recover his magic ring which had fallen into the drains of his house.
I think Gary Gygax DM-ed the final but I’m not sure as I didn’t get that far 😢

If faeries are PC race with Why not kercpas? I see they are in DM Guild as PC race. Or the Mythuínn folk, or the kilmoulis or brownes.

But D&D has be designed to play with nor Tiny (1-2 ft) neither Diminutive (6 in -1ft) PC. I suggest to use "small" PCs.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I think that the mechanics would largely not need to change, you could do it with purely with reflavoring, but I also think it's more fun to have a whole suite of options that directly speak to what you're doing.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Yeah I just used standard characters - the trick is to make the world bigger rather than shrinking the PC stats
That's an interesting idea, convert all maps to 1 meter squares for your "tiny" characters, so now Halflings and Humans occupy a 2 meter square, and Ogres occupy a 3 meter square.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This is what I'd do, make up some unique stat blocks for things like mice, rats, and house cats, and then describe the world the players are going through to show that they are diminutive creatures within a world of giants. Could probably repurpose a giant statblock for a regular commoner if you really wanted.

Stormonu

Legend
Yeah, I think if I were to do it nowadays, I'd scale upwards.

Giant animal stats = regular animals
Bugbear stats = Jermalaine/Gremlin/Xvart stats
Polar Bear stats = housecat
Elephant/Rhino = mastiff
Dinosaur stats = various lizards
Hill Giant stats = toddler human
Frost/Fire Giant stats = teenager human
Stone/Cloud Giant stats = adult human

Remove ads