D&D General The Borrowers In D&D ?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Has anyone done it, over the years?

Either a setting that assumes everyone is an inch tall or whatever, or diminutive PC race, or otherwise, I’m wondering if anyone here has ever seen a D&D thing that allows players to play a little humanoid the size of a mouse?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I ran a session (one-shot essentially) with the adventurers visiting a wizard's manor with a tapestry on the wall of gigantic forest plants, and the party is teleported into a glade in a forest at an inch tall - so giant bugs and that sort that thing. They find a place that matches the tapestry exactly and are back in the manor at the end. Nothing more than that, though.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I've done it before as part of an adventure, but never for more than a few sessions.

I also second Mouse Guard, which @Oofta suggested. It was fun the few times I tried it. I don't know if I would want to play it long-term, though.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yep I ran an adventure under the floorboards of a warehouse where everyone was a a few inches tall, lots of climb and dex checks. Dangers include Cats, rats, drains, giant insects and spiderweb traps

Stormonu

Legend
Has anyone done it, over the years?

Either a setting that assumes everyone is an inch tall or whatever, or diminutive PC race, or otherwise, I’m wondering if anyone here has ever seen a D&D thing that allows players to play a little humanoid the size of a mouse?
Mouseguard? (well, not D&D...)

Magical Kittens Save the Day? (not D&D either)

Tall Tales of the Wee Folk?

Humblewood?

I had an idea for a one-shot years ago where the players were transformed into mice and other small creatures by a curse on a Princess's household, and they'd need to break the curse somehow. Never got to play it, unfortunately.

Oofta

Legend
I've done it before as part of an adventure, but never for more than a few sessions.

I also second Mouse Guard, which @Oofta suggested. It was fun the few times I tried it. I don't know if I would want to play it long-term, though.
It's cute, more for casual games and kids. But it did give me ideas for running games from a different point of view.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
It's not technically shrinking, but there's a classic Ravenloft adventure (The Created) where the player characters have their bodies swapped with living dolls (carrionettes) and they have to escape imprisonment while in tiny bodies, and their immediate threat is and old and cantankerous housecat.

Remove ads