The Boys season two (spoilers)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
He also looked a bit uncomfortable when Stormfront talked white genocide
I realized they had to have some indication of recognition there, or Homelander comes off looking oblivious or ignorant. He's perfectly aware that Stormfront's views are bad, but that simply doesn't carry a lot of weight to him compared to his need to be loved. Her public outing would matter to him a LOT more than her actual views.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Huh. I just found out reading that article that Fresca is a real thing, and not a fictional thing created for the show. Which totally changes the context for me, as thinking it was a fictional creation made me think it was important, not just a bit of product placement.

Ryujin

Legend
Huh. I just found out reading that article that Fresca is a real thing, and not a fictional thing created for the show. Which totally changes the context for me, as thinking it was a fictional creation made me think it was important, not just a bit of product placement.
Kind of the equivalent of an American seeing Tizer in a BBC show then. I had no idea it wasn't available in the UK.

Dire Bare

Legend

It's not really product placement, although I'm sure the show has to have the OK of Coca-Cola (makers of Fresca). In the US . . . nobody drinks Fresca. Well, somebody has too, of course . . . but it is not a popular soft drink and is often thought of as a weird thing to drink. So having it in the show, as something so prominently pushed by the church . . . it adds a layer of weird (and silly) mystery.

Ryujin

Legend
It's not really product placement, although I'm sure the show has to have the OK of Coca-Cola (makers of Fresca). In the US . . . nobody drinks Fresca. Well, somebody has too, of course . . . but it is not a popular soft drink and is often thought of as a weird thing to drink. So having it in the show, as something so prominently pushed by the church . . . it adds a layer of weird (and silly) mystery.
I do ;)

Ryujin

Legend
Wierdo. :p

You don't at least drink Tab, do you?
GODS, no. That stuff is horrible.

I tried to pick up another 2L of Fresca on Sunday but the only place around here that seems to carry it anymore, my local drug store, was out.

Pretty sure that I can still get Tizer and Irn Bru at a nearby specialty market, or definitely the Scottish bakery 'round the corner though.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For a long while, Fresca was the only artificially sweetened drink I could stomach. The grapefuit flavor worked with the aftertaste of the sweetener, and since I like grapefruit, it was okay for me.

Then, in an effort to eliminate sugared beverages from my diet, I used it as a gateway, and got myself accustomed to Diet Coke and Coke Zero, and a couple of others - just to find out that at moderate doses, artificial sweeteners are a migraine trigger for me. :/

Ryujin

Legend
For a long while, Fresca was the only artificially sweetened drink I could stomach. The grapefuit flavor worked with the aftertaste of the sweetener, and since I like grapefruit, it was okay for me.

Then, in an effort to eliminate sugared beverages from my diet, I used it as a gateway, and got myself accustomed to Diet Coke and Coke Zero, and a couple of others - just to find out that at moderate doses, artificial sweeteners are a migraine trigger for me. :/
That's also one of the reasons that I like Fresca; it masks the strange taste of the sweetener. Another I find does this is sugar free Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

Remove ads