The Canterbury Tales- Chapter 4: Dead Drunk

Theroc

First Post
(I'm assuming Alwyn's had the opportunity to pray to Savnok of late, since... well... I've never really had an opportunity to pray since I started, so still bound to Savnok. If not, let me know and I'll change it about.)

Alwyn was not fond of his compulsion, but was enjoying the game nonetheless until he felt that sneaking suspicion that he knew the man was a cheat. He didn't voice his suspicion, not wanting to offend, but his eye had drawn more suspicious eyes than his own to the dishonest conduct, grinning, suddenly Alwyn felt himself sprawled on the floor... not a pleasant experience... but he was in control of his faculties once more... and luckily he was not quite so drunk as he'd thought...

"To arms!" The boy cries out in Norse as he called upon Savnok the Betrayer to protect him, his body moving to stand instinctively, his hand moving for his spear.

[sblock=Actions]
Full-Round action: Summon Savnok's full plate armor. It will provide DR 1/piercing and add 8 to his AC.

If Alwyn has not bound Savnok;
Move: Stand and draw spear
Standard: Ready action to attack if the man attacks Alwyn again.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric seeing the rowdy Norsemen are getting out of hand, puts away his mandolin as someone claims there is a cheater. He immediately thinks of Krindorf, but is pleasantly surprised that it was neither him nor Alwyn that was the guilty party.

Seeing their drunk companion knocked flat and then reaching for his spear he remarks, "Oh boy, this will get bloody if he starts poking holes in vikings."

He moves in that direction drawing an appropriate weapon, calling to the others around the table with him, "Get ready this could be ugly."

<<Draw sap if the Norsemen are staying unarmed, otherwise rapier.
Initiative (1d20+4=7)>>

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Dragonwriter

First Post
Duncan sighs. "Of course... It just had to happen."

The young Scot stands up and tries to shout over the combatants, "Calm down. No need for a fight."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Fer Odin's sake, stop dis nonsense!" shouts Krindorf, "Drop yer weapons, if you got to punch yer faces until ye flat yer noss so be it, but no killin' 'ere!"

Diplomacy: 20

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry that I was away for a month. That last month of the campaign killed.

IC: Theroc crashed into the group of vikings, the butt of his spear cracking one across the ribs while his body tumbled into the other two. Somehow the return punches of the vikings seemed to glance off of his body and do little damage while his seemingly hardened fists bloodied the larger of the vikings in the next few seconds.

The tavern's bartender screamed as the vikings gave up on pummeling Theroc, deciding instead to grapple with him and hold him down across the surface of one of the other tables. One of the Norse pulled a knife in anger, but had second thoughts as he saw Krindorf's warning stare.

"Alright, we'll toss you your comrade back, but first we want a promise that you'll get on out of here. You're no longer welcome."

Theroc
[sblock]
You can feel the entity taking over once more. And he wants wine, song, drink, gambling, and a woman to impress.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric is not interested in diplomacy nor leaving this fine establishment, "Save your threats dullards and mind your manners. "

He continues to close on the vikings with his sap in hand, "Come on they started it."

<<Draw sap. This roll was from before Initiative (1d20+4=7)>>

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oi! Stop it both o' ya, I'm sick o' dis! If it weren't fer me they'll have him gutted, so yer not helpin'!" shouts the cleric, staring at Borric and at his countrymen alternatively.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The fight begins once again, but it is Alwyn who is hit first. It was not even a hard punch... more like a tap to the chest in preparation for a harder, follow-on strike. Yet it causes Alwyn to belch up black, fetid goo that smells of fire and decay. The crowd gasps in horror, different people each making gestures to ward off evil. The waitress whispers out loud, 'Possession!'

Voda Vosa

First Post
Krindorf is really surprised. He closes quickly, trying to assess what is that happened to Alwyn. He shoots a deadly stare to the waitress, before she said any other stupid thing.

Remove ads