The Canterbury Tales- Chapter 4: Dead Drunk

ethandrew

First Post
"Gentlemen, welcome, share drink with us." Francis says as he raises his glass. "We were just discussing the possibility of intervening in our companion's escapades, while just getting to know each other a little bit. Since I've spent a few days and an horrific nightmare with the lot of you, I figured we should get to know each other."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric looks up at the others joining him and Francis at their table with a smile, "We are debating the finer points of drunken revelry versus being responsible. Care to weigh in on the subject while we observe Alwyn's actions as a guide."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Dragonwriter

First Post
Duncan shrugs, his first glass still half full. "If you really want to get roaring drunk, go ahead. I'll be the responsible one and haul the lot of you back out, if it comes to that.

As for knowing about me, not much to tell really. Back home in Scotland, lived with family. Then I felt the Lord call me to the roads. Took my horse Gaoth and started traveling. This pilgrimage is going to take me the closest to home I've been in... several years. Can't even remember when I left. Funny how the mind works, isn't it?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Alwyn tries to flirt with Ophilia, but needless to say it doesn't go well for the tipsy adventurer. "I do appreciate the compliment, sir, but what I do not appreciate is your oggling. Now I'll continue to fetch you drinks, but I expect that you'll keep your hands and eyes to yourself."

Ophilia steps away from Alwyn and he gives a long sigh before whistling a strange, but merry tune and doing a jig that makes him skip across the room and to the gambling table. Alwyn asks if he can join, and before anyone can say either a yes or a no, he pulls up a chair and plops down, tossing in a coin to the pot. The Norse raise an eyebrow, but then shrug and begin to roll some dice to start the new round of gambling.

Ophilia stopped to watch Alwyn once he started whistling and skipping, a sad expression on her face breaking her previously festive mood.

Alwyn
[sblock]
The Norse seemed to have been playing for small odds, a couple of gold coins each. Some kind of new memory tells you that they like to play for small stakes so that they can gauge their opponent before betting larger. You figure why give them the chance. It would be better to bet high right off in order to throw them into confusion. And you haven't even asked the particular rules yet, but dice is dice and it shouldn't take too many rounds to figure it out.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric replies to Duncan while keeping one eye on Alwyn, "Thank you for the offer, but I too am of mind to be a little responsible. Too much drink affects my playing. I only put my mandolin away since our companion looked to be about to get himself thrown out."

"Never been up near Scotland before, spent most of my time around the waters of the Mediterranean."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

ethandrew

First Post
"I think we'll be able to relax now," Francis states, watching Alwyn join the vikings. "I doubt they'll be allowing him to get away with too much."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric acknowledges Francis's observation, "Hmmm, okay then."

The amateur bard, takes another drink and pulls out his mandolin and begins retuning it and practicing a few chords, "How about a rowdy drinking song then, eh?"

[sblock=OOC]I am sorry, but none of the updates are really giving me much to work with and I am starting to get bored with this whole scene. Doesn't look like anyone really wants to do any player interaction either. DT, if you are waiting on something from someone specific, please bump them in the OOC thread.[/sblock]

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Theroc

First Post
Alwyn grins at the small wager, tossing 15 gold coins into the pot as he prepares to learn how this particular game worked, smiling at the norsemen. Luckily for him, he'd know what they were saying, and they wouldn't be any the wiser unless he outright told him. Granted, he wasn't overly fond of the compulsion to gamble, but he may as well enjoy it as fighting with a spirit in possession of your body generally tends to hurt you more than help you...

[OOC: Not sure what exactly you wanted me to do here, since I've no idea what sort of gambling game we're playing, I just had Alwyn throw a wager in. I actually don't mind this scene, but maybe that's because you're playing on Alwyn's background here and I liked it. :p]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I'm truly sorry for the delay. This campaign has kicked my butt the last couple of weeks and I'm running on 4 hours of sleep a night. I'll try to do shorter posts in order to keep the action moving.

Alwyn tosses the dice and quite a few eyebrows raise at the wager. The taller of the Norse shrugs and matches him before dramatically making a swipe for the dice and rolling his own set.

Alwyn
[sblock]
Somehow you know this man, as if you've played against him before. You can't help but stare at his sleeves and something tells you he is cheating.
[/sblock]

The man easily beats Alwyn's roll and moves to return the dice and take his winnings, but Alwyn keeps staring at the man's loose right sleeve. The intent stare causes the players around the table to all do the same, until one of the more suspicious Norse grabs his tall companions arm and puts it up the sleeve. "He's got dice up there! He's cheating!"

Alwyn smiles in satisfaction, but his smirk is quickly broken up. A fist flies in a chaotic moment of anger and catches the adventurer across his temple, making him spin and fall to the ground (-1 hp to Alwyn).

Alwyn
[sblock]
You have control of your body again, but you can feel it is going to be very temporary as the possessing spirit is recovering from the confusion and blow.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hmm... well that was inevitable," The Professor states looking at his companions as they to stare at the brawl. "Isn't this why we are here after all?" he asks with a big smile.

Remove ads