The Canterbury Tales- Chapter 4: Dead Drunk

ethandrew

First Post
"I think she likes you," Francis says casually to Borric in fluent French. Before giving the bard time to respond, he switches to Latin and continues, "My life is a boring story, but I work for The Church, following the Pardoner around." Another long drink, this one seems to be to memories long ago as Francis' eyes grow dull. Then a switch to Arabic, of which Borric can tell he's not quite as fluent, "You know the Pardoner looks like a weasel and a snake? It's my job to make sure nobody murders him and no one finds out about all of his sinful wrongdoings, or, in some cases, do those wrongdoings myself."

Back again to English, "Tis a boring story, like I said."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric smiles and thanks Ophilia in English, "Sure thing luv. Thankee"

Still strumming and tuning, remarks to Francis sticking to English, "Tis boring maybe to you, but you sparked my curiosity. Not sure what you said in Latin, but what's that about the Pardoner? Who's he? Is he either the Viking or the Knight?"

<<OOC: I will be out of town from Thursday-Sunday, I might not have time to post tomorrow before I leave. And Internet access might not be possible while I am gone.>>

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
"Nevermind the Latin, that language is dead to me anyway," Francis says casually with another drink. "The pardoner, hmm, he's usually the official catholic looking man, line of wear on his face, usually found in his drink chasing after some woman, or if he's really drunk..." he leaves the last bit unsaid and laughs a bit. "Needless to say, he's less than ideal to be a representative of God, and it's my job to make sure no one realizes that. Bad Sissy of Assisi," the young man says and mock slaps his own wrist.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric is still strumming some soft tunes that promise to rousing drinking songs if someone knew the words. He remarks to Francis, "Okay, a catholic looking man who likes to drink. Is that him?" nodding his head towards Alwyn. "Or is he Duncan?"

<<OOC: Just one quick post before I leave town.>>

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Theroc

First Post
Alwyn wasn't entirely sure what had happened. The last thing he remembered with the others was discussing the strange acts of the cow. He then found himself with the Caravan. Perhaps the Gods were acting through him and he could not recall the memories that he did not create himself. Whatever the reason, when he came to he heard the others were at the bar, and the lad entered.

As he approached the others, he smiled and nodded to those he remembered, taking a seat at a table just apart from them, as he recalled the things he knew of them and pondered if they'd invite him over to join them.

[OOC: I cannot remember who was playing when Alwyn was about and who wasn't... anyone wanna remind me here or in the OOC? lol]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric not bothering to wait for a reply from Francis motions for Alwyn to join them, "Grab a seat and a drink with Francis and me. I am Borric, the swashbuckling amateur string plucker. I recently joined the scouts of the caravan while you were occupied with something else. So, though I have seen you around, we haven't actually met. Francis here, was just telling me about the Pardoner and I was asking who exactly that was, being the ignoramus that I am."

<<OOC: Theroc, my Borric and Voda's Krindorf are the only new characters, but Richard is being run by a different player now. I think everything else is pretty much the same.>>

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
One of the Norse says in English to Krindorf, "The goings-on in our homeland are the same as always. A steady flow of blood to melt the ice as cousins fight cousins for slights none can remember. If you care to hear more, pull up a chair and join us in a game of cards." The Scouts get the impression that the Norse switched languages in order to make the invitation to any of those who had just arrived.

Ophilia comes up to Borric and Francis and says simply, "Deux cuivre, s'il vous plait." Two coppers, please. It looks like Ophilia is collecting money from those that purchased drinks. And that she is fluent in French.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric replies to the lovely Ophilia, "D'accord, jolie dame. Rejoignez-nous s'il vous plaît pour une boisson et ornez-nous avec votre compagnie."

<<OOC: My French is very rusty so I took a shot with an on-line translator. But when it is time Diplomacy +6 check to improve her attitude even more.>>

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Borric does a fair job of mending his past offense with Ophilia as she seems to enjoy both the attention and the chance to handle her language skills (she was offended by Francis' implications in French). She is distracted long enough by Borric that she completely misses the fact that Alwyn is called over by name by his friends, and they have to get her attention so that he can be given a drink.

It seems that the Norse had been on raids along the Mediterranean Sea and came here to sell their gains, though they are silent on which territory had been raided. The atmosphere becomes looser as the companions settle in with the regulars. The mood is festive indeed, probably because of the stress of travelling through strange and foreign lands.

Even Alwyn seems to enjoy himself more than usual. He is on his third mug of ale only a little after an hour... no, now he's on his fourth and slushing around his drink as he stumbles towards the gamblers.

Alwyn
[sblock]
When your companions called out your name you felt a presence flow across the room and possess you. The spirit is called El-ran, and he was a short and scrawny never-do-well from the area who was sometimes small-time merchant, sometimes sailor, and sometimes petty thief. Oh, and he was also a sometimes unsuccessful gambler. You have some control of El-ran, but his will is strong and he insists on drinking, gambling, and flirting with the barmaid Ophilia. It seems that El-ran doesn't realize that he is dead, and possessed you body once his spirit heard your name, which was close to his own.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
While working a little tune to amuse and flatter Ophilia and occasionally having a little more to drink, Borric watches their drunken companion stumble his way into what will most likely result in a physical altercation. Whether that altercation is a collision with a table, a floor, or a gambler's fist is of no concern.

He puts away his mandolin figuring that such a display of behavior is most likely going to solicit a request to leave the underground establishment. He remarks to Francis, "I think our companion is going to need some pardoning very soon."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

Remove ads