The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

The Digger

First Post
1) The sling looks to be the only thing I can afford (should I decide to buy something)

2) range up to 20

3) Dazes on a crit!!!!!!!

4) It won't replace Eldritch Blast often but could come in useful sometimes. Also it would get CA under the Distant Advantage feat.

4) The dragon took a double move. Even a half move took her out of the darkness zone so on Girth's turn she was in sight but out of range. Admittedly with the dragon he would have needed a hell of a good roll.

And so whilst it is not a vital part of Girth's ensemble I thought I might give it a try.

===================================================

In other news I've just heard that my mother is seriously ill, probably dying, so I will almost certainly be missing a bit over the next few days or, less likely, even weeks. I should still be able to log on now and again but if you could just bear with me at this time.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'm very, very sorry of hearing that. I can sympathyze.

[sblock=On a much less serious note]I still don't recommend buying a sling.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Very sorry to hear about your mom, Digger. As the others said, we understand and will make do.

On another note, if you 6 that are playing in the next adventure would let me know when you are approved here in this thread while I'm prepping to start the next thread, I'd appreciate it. Of course we had at least 1 that was going to start playing while unapproved I believe. That's fine as well and I'm not trying to wait on all to be approved before starting. I'm drawing out my maps for the next adventure so that it's all good to go.

As Digger said, the dragon had double moved and was out of the cloud of darkness while at range 14 from the party. All you needed was enough ranged stuff that could reach her. I think Quagmire's sling was the only thing that would reach. Eldritch Blast stopped at 10, Hrav's shuriken stopped at 10 or 12, etc. As I understand it at least, the cloud of darkness stays stationary once created and she can mantain it or not, but not move it.

covaithe

Explorer
So I was getting ready to put Quagmire in for level 3 approval, when I looked at my loot tracking section, and thought I vaguely remembered getting a few minor cash rewards. I skimmed through the thread, and I picked up these:

• 50g each advance payment from Azrael, here
  • 5g 25s on some kobolds that Kartharath sent after us, here
  • 50g and ritual scrolls of Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements, Eye of Alarm, Water Walk, and Knock from Arjhann's festering corpse, plus a series of partial maps: "When you pick the book up though, its pages all fall off of the spine and scatter all over the ground. Picking them up, they appear to be several copies of maps of Daunton and the surrounding areas. Many of them look like the same map however. All the pages have various holes poked in them all over. Girth has the urge to save all these pages and try to put them back in the right order..." I think Girth ended up with those, and Brudd was holding the ritual scrolls I think. We talked about selling them, but it never happened.
  • 50g each, plus 100g for Azrael that we "suggested" he should turn over to us, from... that dwarf. Thorngrim? I think this is the closest we got to an actual post awarding it.
  • A gem worth 100g, found while searching the boat with the skeletons on it that that dwarf hired us to clear out.
  • 40g from Kartharath's dragonborn soldiers, along with Hrav's deathcut armor and Alex's floating shield.

Total is 100g in "each" awards, plus 195g and 25s in loose cash or equivalent, and 100g to Azrael.

Phoenix, you said at one point that the final adventure thread award would detail all the treasure from the addy, but I'm pretty sure some of that got left off, if not all. What's your intent here? Do we get all that on top of what was in the dragon's hoard?

In a totally unrelated matter, Quagmire's overhaul involves scrapping Weapon Proficiency (rapier) in favor of using longswords (and not sneak attacking any more). Would you like me to pay the 25g for a Transfer Enchantment ritual on the Vanguard Rapier you awarded, or shall we just pretend it was a longsword all along?

garyh

First Post
I know for Hrav I recorded our 50 GP advance (and Hrav spending it on a healing potion) at the start of the adventure, but I didn't record any of the other stuff between that and the dragon's hoard on my sheet (except Hrav's armor, or course).

Remove ads