The Center of Time OOC Discussion

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm alive! I'm trying to make sense of what's happened since, plus think of a way to introduce Duncan again, but would like to rejoin.

My thinking is that he's been in a deep depression since slaying all those abhumans in the Sheer, not with his sword in a fight but with a lever. Now it's grown to where he's just been slowly plodding along, his body moving on automatic, wandering after the others. Then, after all this time, his system compensates, the depression passes, and he looks up to see... and I'm not sure how to post, as I'm not sure what's going on. It's great stuff, but there's so much in terms of unfamiliar, well, terms to keep track of.

If it's not a good plot point, or Duncan has already "stayed behind" or "wandered off", then I can bow out and lurk.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Quick recap - Y'all talked with an Augur at the trade city of Wislayn that explained about an experiment conducted at a city to bring it slightly out of phase with time in order to try various scientific endeavors. To power it, it was going to use the collective mind power of the deep scholars (the technicians in charge of the project). But something went wrong, and it seems to be drawing mind power from all Augurs across Augur-Kala, and it's accelerating. The Augurs are starting to leave the country to avoid its effects. Y'all are heading to the city, as it's the one from your vision.

You were given a "key" to a transportation system that was meant to shorten your way. As you got to the gateway for this key, you met an Augur man siphoning brain power from a human who was serving as a duracha, a sort of "mind slave" who helps expand someone's mind power. It's a symbiotic relationship, and kept in check by a construct known as a sheb-sun, who keeps the mental power in balance. The Augur had disabled the sheb-sun's protections, and your nanos recognized this as being equivalent to disabling safety equipment.

The sheb-sun merged with Echo, triggering some latent memories in her, and Antor ripped away the connection between the Augur and the duracha, which killed the Augur. (Brief conversation with the Augur revealed him to be scared, paranoid, and possibly mad.) Once free, the duracha was willing to talk to you about what he remembered.

As a side note, Wisco went on a little side trip to a small Augur compound near Wislayn before you all left. He found a small group all communally bound by a biomechanical tree. He asked to be "compiled" with them, and now has a small tree growing from his shoulders to represent his bond, which he used to help restore some of the duracha's memories to him.

After burying the Augur, y'all were whisked away through the transportation system to the very outskirts of the city.

Remove ads