The Closed Eye (DM: Halford, Judge: garyh)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Am I right in thinking you guys intend to wait for Arnest in the morning? Or were you planning on taking action yourselves before he got there?

Dunamin

First Post
Only moments after the front door has been slammed shut, a distinct wolf-whistle is heard from the outside.

She is a fit-looking young half-elf in brightly colored livery with contrasting braided cord at the seams. "I merely convey Lady Glasston's thanks to the wizard Doddoddod, along with a small token of her -- oof! -- gratitude."

“Well, well, well.”

“That’s quite a treat from Lady Glasston, by the sound of it… and especially by the looks of it.”

There’s a short pause, as Woe takes his time to unsubtly and thoroughly look the girl up and down.

She grunts with effort as she slips a heavy bag off of her shoulder. It clinks enticingly as it hits the ground. "If you'll sign here, here, and here, and initial here, I'm sure I can leave it in your hands, yes?"

“Honey, with that chunk of cash you’re paying, I’ll service you so well you won’t be walking for a week. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to sign wherever you want me to with whatever you need.”

The recently lightning-enchanted spear on Woe’s back starts emitting faint sparks as if in perfect tune with his current state of mind – and virility.

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Am I right in thinking you guys intend to wait for Arnest in the morning? Or were you planning on taking action yourselves before he got there?
Well, Woe would want his cut and get up to date on the latest intel, but otherwise I don't want to slow the plot down (aside from the current obligatory shrewd routine ;)).

Oh yeah, and Roskilde Festival '09 was fantastic! Gogol Bordello on Orange Scene - a concert reviewed as 6 out of 6 stars - and guess who catches the drummer's drumstick among a crowd of tens of thousands?

That's right. :cool:[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Oh!]I thought the money was payment to Dod*3 for services rendered. I didn't realize we could divvy it.[/sblock]
Palindrome leaves the bag of coins on the breakfast table.

His cut of 200 gp has already been removed...

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Mix-up]Whoops! I just realized the courier visit was last night, not in the morning. Sorry for the timeline confusion.

Naturally, while busying himself with the courier that evening, Woe will inquire about how much money she delivered and not let Palindrome get away with cheating out his partners.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Timeline reconciliation]How's this?

Yesterday, around sunset: You emerge from the sewers and split up. Various scenes befall you separately.

Yesterday, somewhat later: You all eventually straggle back to Dod*3's tower

Yesterday, later still: The courier comes with the money. Woe hits on her. You figure out what to do with the money.

This morning: Palindrome looks flabby but somehow attractive.

==> This is where we are now <==

Shortly: Arnest arrives, as he indicated (to Woe) that he would, unless you guys leave first.

So, waiting for Arnest or leaving? And this would be a good time to split the money.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Also, it's not clear that anyone except Palindrome has actually shared any of the information from your split-up time. You don't have to, but please make it explicit as to whether or not you share, and if so, when in the timeline this takes place.

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Timeline looks good!

Woe shares what information he has (which shouldn't be much the group doesn't already know), but he prefers waiting for Arnest before moving on - mostly to ensure Arnest will pay us after the new job is done.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Tander will share what he knows with the others (which is nothing, really), but will keep his conversation with Palindrome to himself.

Tander also prefers to wait for Arnest.
[/sblock]

Remove ads