The Closed Eye (DM: Halford, Judge: garyh)

nerdytenor

First Post
Tander had learned a few things during his time with Palindrome. First, that the wizard was unpredictable to a fault. Second, that Tander could safely ignore the majority of his antics. Third, that ignoring his antics did not reduce the incidence of same. Fourth, that though he was loath to admit it, Tander occasionally found his antics quite amusing. And fifth, Palindrome was a valuable and powerful ally, and as such, Tander would be wise to give him room to be himself.

"I hope your mage hand can fight, Palindrome," Tander says. "Even though our official business with the Glasston's is over, I fear we cannot go on until the question of the Cults is settled. I sense we all have enough complications in our lives without having to worry about assassination attemps, not to mention getting arrested."

"Perhaps we can end the threat and clear our names, such as they are, in one fell swoop."

KenHood

First Post
"I hope your mage hand can fight, Palindrome," Tander says.
Palindrome, kneeling on the floor beside the bag, non-chalantly sits on top of his left hand.

"Sadly, no. That's one of the weird limitations of the magic. I mean, I can make a mage hand pick up objects, even move and carry them. But if I were to, say, poke someone in the eye with it--I mean, a completely logical application of a tangible manifestation of force--it has no effect whatsoever. Even weirder: I can create fire with prestidigitation, heat and cool objects, even create small explosions. But as soon as I attempt to apply this power in a destructive fashion, it does nothing. You would think if I could heat a glass of water, I could heat someone's brain. But, no. Don't get me wrong, magic is an awesome force with a multitude of uses. It's just that it operates according to completely arbitrary rules."

"Even though our official business with the Glasston's is over, I fear we cannot go on until the question of the Cults is settled. I sense we all have enough complications in our lives without having to worry about assassination attemps, not to mention getting arrested."
"Listen, I am one to say, 'I told you so.' So let me say again, I told you so. If you guys had just murdered all those people like I suggested, we wouldn't be having these problems. And if we had burned down the house completely shortly after entering the secret cellar, the police wouldn't have been able to get at us through all that wreckage."

"I honestly don't understand why you guys put so much effort into undermining me and sabotaging my efforts, all I'm trying to do is help all of us. Tell you what, I promise that if you guys do exactly like I say, I can solve all these cult-problems, and we'll be home-free."

"Perhaps we can end the threat and clear our names, such as they are, in one fell swoop."
"Actually, it will be two or three fell swoops involving the necks of Arnest and the Snake Lady. Then, we frame them for the whole mess. Now, we might have to sacrifice Woe and Atreus. Definitely Atreus. But after that, you and I should come out smelling like roses."

covaithe

Explorer
On inspection, the bag does indeed contain quite a large quantity of coin. Counting it takes some time, but eventually it becomes clear that it is exactly 500 gold pieces.

[sblock=ooc]I don't have anything else to do until morning, game-time. That's not to hurry you guys; Atriden and Dunamin will be gone for most of a week yet, and then Atriden will want to level up. Just let me know when you're ready to advance time.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Actually, it will be two or three fell swoops involving the necks of Arnest and the Snake Lady. Then, we frame them for the whole mess. Now, we might have to sacrifice Woe and Atreus. Definitely Atreus. But after that, you and I should come out smelling like roses."

"I have done some terrible things, Palindrome. But I would sooner die myself than sacrifice one of our companions, including you. And despite what you say, we can't judge the actions of Arnest or the Snake Lady yet, so I'm not willing to sacrifice them, either."

KenHood

First Post
Palindrome sighs and rolls his eyes.

He hefts the bag of gold. "I'd better take this to fatso. We're never going to see a copper of it."

As he walks off, he mutters, "You're all going to get me killed."

---

Next morning, Palindrome sits in the kitchen, eating breakfast and muttering to the half-orc cook, Fritz, commiserating about their mutual contempt for Doddoddod. Palindrome's left hand is covered in several mittens and bound to his side with several wraps of rope. On the table is a large, heavy tome--ancient and of high value. It fairly radiates magic, causing a buzzing sensation in any nearby person's forehead.

Palindrome appears much more frail than yesterday. His skin has an unhealthy sheen. His muscles a bit more flab. But there is something darkly magnetic about him, something attractive.

"Yeah," Palindrome says to Fritz, "Thanks for sneaking this book out of his study for me. I tried the damned ritual, but it didn't do a ***** thing about the hand. In fact, it made it worse."

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hey Guys!

Ohh, exp! Finally I am level 2!

Well as I you can see I am back from the Roskilde Festival, and guys, I can't even begin to tell you all what an awsome experience it was. Seeing COLDPLAY playing Michael Jacksons "Billie Jean" to honor his memory was priceless along with a lot of other great things!

Now, back to the game. I am currently catching up with the latest news in the game and working to get Atreus to level 2.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Welcome back, and congratulations. :) I've got some other things to take care of tonight, but I'll get this thing pointed forward again in the morning. It, uh, might be good to have that level up finished soon. Just sayin'. :)

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I have finnished leveling him! I have sent a mail to the judge mail.

Looking forward to see what happens next in our game :D
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Palindrome]When you go looking for Doddoddod with the bag of cash, he is locked in his room and does not answer to your knock. You hear a faint rhythmic droning sound through the door; it could be a ritual, or snoring. Or both, which could lead to a real mess.

ooc: are you really going to hand over all the cash to Dod*3? Up to you, I suppose, if the other players let you get away with it. [/sblock]

Remove ads