The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)

KenHood

First Post
Hacker cocks his head to one side. He clears his throat and hawks out a blackened ball of phlegm. His voice now has a more mellow tone: "What in the ***** are y'all doin'?"

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
Kenhood said:
Hacker cocks his head to one side. He clears his throat and hawks out a blackened ball of phlegm. His voice now has a more mellow tone: "What in the ***** are y'all doin'?"
Atreus stops as he is about to enter the bushes and turns around with a very displeased expression staring at Hacker. Then he moves back to the group and whispers " Fool! " and he quickly scouts the area " I would have expected more wits from one such as yourself " Atreus scouts once more " In this vicinity there are undead creatures with powers to remain unseen. We are here to reclaim the body of one of our companions that they may be guarding. So follow Woe, stay hidden, keep your eyes and ears out for any sudden movements and be ready for combat ". Not waiting to answer any more of the gnomes question, Atreus dashes into the bushes and starts following the group in silence as they move closer.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Atreus and Woe approach the site of the battle cautiously, keeping to the lengthening shadows in the afternoon sun, moving silently. Everything seems quiet. A small blue-and-white bird sings noisily from a bush, not six inches from Woe's ear, causing him to freeze, heart racing.

But in the end, the braced-for attack never occurs. Despite Woe and Atreus being at a fever pitch of alertness, eyes scanning everywhere, there is no danger to be found.

Nor, however, are there any bodies. It is clearly the right place; the circular scorch marks are plainly evident where Palindrome's psychotic conjuration passed, and there are slight damp spots everywhere where the frosty flashes condensed and froze water from the air, which has since melted. But not only is Palindrome's corpse missing; so is the body of the fallen half-orc guard, as well as man, woman, and child first taken by the shadows.

[sblock=nature DC 15]Bent and broken plants abound in this area; unsurprising for the site of a recent battle. But there are a few flattened shrubs well to the west of the bulk of the action, at the edge of a denser patch of woods.

Looking closer, you see a narrow game trail open up past the first ranks of foliage, leading east and slightly north.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
As the pair surveys the area, Hacker picks up a stout stick, walks up to Atreus, and smacks him on the back of the head.

"Not so fast, boy. You owe me one of two things: an apology or a fight."

"First off, the little lady and I volunteered to help you and your buddy. We ain't asked for nothing in return, though I would think civilized folk would see our behavior as meriting some consideration. We ain't your gawds-***** dogs or ***** slaves. You will make requests of us, not issue orders."

"Second, you can't just ***** run off without so much as a by-your-leave and expect the rest of us to ***** read your gawd-***** mind. Last I checked, teams communi-*****-cated with one another, as that behavior is the gawds-***** key to success. Seein' as this here field is a ***** empty field, perhaps you can understand my curiousity at your activity, hence my question."

"Finally, I don't appreciate your ***** tone, nor your gawds-***** choice of words, most particularly of all, calling me a 'fool'. From your comportment, conversation, and aura, you strike me as the sort of fellow who goes for ideas of honor and duty. Well, last I checked, there ain't much honor in runnin' around throwin' names at folks tryin' to help you."

"So you go ahead and make your choice, boy. You want us to leave, well, by gods, me and the little lady will leave. You want to fight, and I damn well promise we'll give you the what-for. You want us to stay, and we'll stay--but--you had best stop the dis-*****-dain and the dis-*****-respect."

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I am little busy this weekend, so I am not sure when I will be able post. Just wanted you guys to know.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Now shnookums, don't be so hasty! Let's be friends!" Kathalia exclaims, raising her arms in an all-encompassing gesture. "I know, I know! YES! OK, everybody hold hands, and we can sing this sweet little nature song I know. It goes like..."

Kathalia stops mid-sentence, mercifully distracted by the scene of the battle (OOC: Nature 22 - I rolled twice by accident (double clicked), but the second roll was even better).

"I can see you two got in a lot of trouble over here," she says, examining the greenery nearby. "Hey, look!" She skips off to a patch of forest and points at a narrow trail. "Looks like something has been moving this way - maybe some kind of a beastie! I like beasties!" She smiles broadly.

"And, um, maybe this is where your enemies ran off to?" she adds sheepishly.

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Bump]Just thought I'd note that I'm here and want to move on.

Atreus would probably want to respond first, though, so I'm just waiting for the drama to get resolved one way or another.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]It does seem like a response from Atreus is called for.

Also, if you're bumping for me, I'm waiting for my cue again. "Kathalia says, 'Hey guys, maybe they went that way'" is just talking among yourselves. I'm looking for something along the lines of "Kathalia starts walking down the path," or "Woe starts stabbing trees in case one of them is a dryad spy," or "Hacker takes a nap". Whatever.
[/sblock]

Remove ads