• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The COMPLETE? alter self list

myradale

First Post
Ok...I was insomniac...

So I went through and found every "humanoid" you can Alter self into from every book I could get my hands on. Including EVERYTHING that you'd gain as a bonus.

If anyone has any additions to this, let me know so I can update my list.

Attachments

• alter self races.xls
    20 KB · Views: 1,409

Alter-Poly-Transform

IIRC, you do not receive the 'Weapon Focus', 'Weapon Proficency', nor the 'Weapon Finess' as these represent culturally trained abilities as opposed to those abilities inherent in the form.

Other than that, pretty decent bit of work :)

myradale

First Post
Makes sense

I should have figured that out... guess there was more sleep in me than I thought.

I'm kinda sad there's no humanoid under 5hd that's large. The closest thing is an Asabi Stingtail, and he's 7hd.

As far as I can tell, the fours you'd use are Avariel for flight, the Locathah for swimming, the Troglodyte for defense and the Asabi for speed/ burrowing. Or in a pinch if you needed to climb well, the mountain spirit folk.

I'm going to see if I can find a copy of Eberron and Races of stone to see if there's anything else in there I could use?

Remove ads