• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Continuing Adventures of the Knights of the Silver Quill: Glacier Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Agnostic Paladin said:
Was that the entire session's events from last night? Doesn't seem like all that much actually happened...

That was the meat of what happened last night.

There's a nice epilogue coming up... although not until I'm done playing Feng Shui tonight.

Don't worry about Hedrack. I haven't forgotten about him.

Jettok

First Post
psst. What about Jamison? I'm curious to what trouble, chaos and mischief my old character gone chaotic evil is getting himself into during all this time :).

Hammerhead

Explorer
Who would kidnap the wise, loving Gorgoldand but his crazed, mushroom-cloud personified son who happens to be CE?

Or maybe it's Erasmus, who always hated that old coot.

Hammerhead said:
Who would kidnap the wise, loving Gorgoldand but his crazed, mushroom-cloud personified son who happens to be CE?

Or maybe it's Erasmus, who always hated that old coot.

No, I think dragonnapping Gorgoldand is way above Jamison's abilities... :D

Hammerhead

Explorer
Maybe not...

Do we really know how old Gorgoldand is? Or what level Jame-Zon is since is betrayal? And plus, Jamison easily has the element of surprise on his dear old dad.

Personally, I would have put Jamison and Erasmus, or at least one of them, in the fight against Imix.

I agree. Would have been nicer than the medusa.

But then again, they would have just had one combat. To me, either of them makes a good arch-enemy worth of a campaign...

DOC, how's that epilogue coming ??? :)

Dr Midnight

Explorer
EPILOGUE
The town began the grueling task of cleaning up after a war. Every man, woman, child, and some that weren’t any of the above began helping. Clerics from every religion gathered in the town square to heal the wounded masses. Priests of Wee Jas, St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Ehlonna, Boccob, Kord, and some lesser-known religions worked tirelessly side by side.

The Knights gathered together in town. Dartan gingerly carried his weeping father down from the tower and laid him amidst the wounded. Rafflorn suggested that “Perhaps a cleric can help him… give his mind peace.”

Dartan said “I don’t think he’ll find peace for some time. He really believed he was doing his god’s work all this time, when he was an unwitting pawn of his god’s vilest enemy. It’s a horrid cruelty that even he didn’t deserve.”

Kyla asked “So who was it that began to turn the followers of Heironeous in the first place?”

“His name was Ok Ulmok. He came from a faraway land with radical new ideas. He wore a dark hood and I never saw him clearly. I’m betting he’s a minion of Hedrack… if not Hedrack himself.”

Elmo approached the group. He was covered in scrapes, cuts, and gouges, but seemed happier than they’d ever seen him. His eyes danced with hope, and his cheeks were flushed with the rosy hue of a laughing man. “Dartan, Knights!” he called out in greeting. He clapped them on the shoulders. “You’ve done a hell of a fine job out there. You’ve saved the world from the black fingers of a horrible doom. I’m not exaggerating, either…” his voice quieted and grew somber. “…you saved the world.”

Vek, Jettok and Dartan didn’t have the modesty in them to take the compliment with quiet dignity. “Yes,” Vek said, “the forces of chaos were beaten back!”

Elmo smiled. “Every life in Greyhawk will forever be in debt to you.” He said goodbye and walked away, to add his efforts to the cleanup.

Left standing there, the Knights stood and allowed the enormity of the quest pass over them like a storm cloud over a plain. There was an immense weight lifted from their shoulders. The future wasn’t certain… but the future was bright. The sun was shining. Rafflorn’s eyes met Katya’s, and held them there for a moment.

A ragged soldier stumbled past them, stopped, and asked “Pardon me… if you don’t mind my asking, just what on Oerth happened here?”

Kyla grinned and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “You’ll be happier not knowing.”

The soldier looked exasperated. “This is unbelievable. Too many damn odd occurrences, these days! First that thing on the hill just shows up out’n nowhere, and now the armies of the world descend upon us- then change their mind!”

Rafflorn asked “Sorry, but what ‘thing on the hill’ are you talking about?”

“That thing, of course! Where have YOU been?!” The soldier pointed to the hill to the east. The Knights looked to where he pointed, and they stood there in astonishment.

Rafflorn spoke in a whisper. “I’d forgotten all about that.”

Jettok looked at him excitedly. “Shall we go take a look?”

Raff grinned. “Oh yes.”

They walked out of the town gates and up the hill, stepping over the bodies of orcs and monsters. They walked up the hill, never taking their eyes off it. Rafflorn’s castle.
castle.jpg

He’d drawn from the Deck of Many Things, and won a keep. It sat to the east of Verbobonc. It gleamed in the sunlight. Its red flags and banners flew in the wind. A clear moat ran around it. Its drawbridge lowered as they approached it. They walked inside to find a grand dining hall fit for a lord. Colored glass windows filtered multihued light into the brightly lit hall.

A closed iron box sat in the middle of the long, dark oak table. Rafflorn walked up to it and opened it. He took a roll of parchment from inside and removed the red ribbon. He unfolded it and read. “It’s a deed.”

The Knights of the Silver Quill sat around the table, talking, laughing, and making plans for their portions of the castle. They then spread out the magic items and treasure they hadn’t yet split up and went about figuring out who got what, all the while joking and smiling.

The future was their own.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads