D&D 5E The cosmology of the Wheel and the Aether

Dausuul

Legend
This is some awesome stuff! I especially love the merging of the Blind Eternities with the Far Realm; I've always felt the Far Realm was kind of tacked-on in the Great Wheel cosmology, but combining it with the Blind Eternities makes perfect sense and justifies its presence in a way that was previously lacking. (Also, "Blind Eternities" is a way better name than "Far Realm.")

dave2008

Legend
This is some awesome stuff! I especially love the merging of the Blind Eternities with the Far Realm; I've always felt the Far Realm was kind of tacked-on in the Great Wheel cosmology, but combining it with the Blind Eternities makes perfect sense and justifies its presence in a way that was previously lacking. (Also, "Blind Eternities" is a way better name than "Far Realm.")
That was the epiphany that sparked this thread.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter

The Gates of Firestorm Peak think the term Far Realm is just fine.

Blind eternities isn't to bad though....

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Cool Thanks

Found this. Opens up new possibilities: Our Milky Way galaxy grows by eating other galaxies.

That is cool, maybe the fantasy galaxy we use is being eaten by one with different laws of physics, i.e. a "Far Realm" incident.

iltharanos

Explorer
This thread is great! In my current Eberron game, my players just discovered a crashed elven spelljammer, and repaired the damaged helm. Now they've got a functioning airship, at the least, with the possibility of travelling the multiverse. The OP inspired me to create the following image, something I plan on showing my players if/when they decide to leave Eberron.
The Multiverse.png

atanakar

Hero
This thread is great! In my current Eberron game, my players just discovered a crashed elven spelljammer, and repaired the damaged helm. Now they've got a functioning airship, at the least, with the possibility of travelling the multiverse. The OP inspired me to create the following image, something I plan on showing my players if/when they decide to leave Eberron.
View attachment 122648

That is very sexy. Looks like a close up of molecules.

Remove ads