D&D 5E The cosmology of the Wheel and the Aether

dave2008

Legend
This thread is great! In my current Eberron game, my players just discovered a crashed elven spelljammer, and repaired the damaged helm. Now they've got a functioning airship, at the least, with the possibility of travelling the multiverse. The OP inspired me to create the following image, something I plan on showing my players if/when they decide to leave Eberron.
View attachment 122648
Looks great! Thank you for sharing!

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
This thread is great! In my current Eberron game, my players just discovered a crashed elven spelljammer, and repaired the damaged helm. Now they've got a functioning airship, at the least, with the possibility of travelling the multiverse. The OP inspired me to create the following image, something I plan on showing my players if/when they decide to leave Eberron.
View attachment 122648
What does the red line symbolize?

iltharanos

Explorer
In my game, the way I statted out a spelljammer helm was that it could take you to a cosmologically nearby system (e.g. from Krynn to Toril). Since Eberron (where my campaign is located) is at the periphery of the D&D multiverse it’d be difficult for anyone to leave Eberron’s system for any other D&D system. The red line represents a temporary and direct connection between realities and even between multiverses. So anyone in a spelljammer or a ship like the Weatherlight in MTG, could use the red lines as a shortcut when shifting/planeswalking to a more distant system/reality. The danger is the connection is intermittent, and they might have to find a new route if they wanted to return to their home system.

dave2008

Legend
In my game, the way I statted out a spelljammer helm was that it could take you to a cosmologically nearby system (e.g. from Krynn to Toril). Since Eberron (where my campaign is located) is at the periphery of the D&D multiverse it’d be difficult for anyone to leave Eberron’s system for any other D&D system. The red line represents a temporary and direct connection between realities and even between multiverses. So anyone in a spelljammer or a ship like the Weatherlight in MTG, could use the red lines as a shortcut when shifting/planeswalking to a more distant system/reality. The danger is the connection is intermittent, and they might have to find a new route if they wanted to return to their home system.
What is the small multiverse?

Remove ads