The Cthulhuoid Zodiac

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
I was inspired by an alternate Zodiac, so I decided to create my own using the real astronomical zodiac and the Cthulhoid dieties (I did use Derleth's elements, but I took liberties with them) and I started with Aldeberaan in Taurus because it's Hastur's star. Don't worry about horoscopes, if you fall under any of these signs you are doomed to Madness and Death.

Father Dagon and Mother Hydra (Apr 19 to May 13): Water
Hastur (May 14 to Jun 19): Air
Shub-Niggurath (Jun 20 to Jul 20): Earth
Cthugha (Jul 21 to Aug 9): Fire
Cthulhu (Aug 10 to Sep 15): Water
Nyralahotep (Sep 16 to Oct 30): Air
Yog-Sothoth (Oct 31 to Nov 22): Aethyr
Tsathoggua (Nov 23 to Nov 29): Earth
Aphoom-Zhah (Nov 30 to Dec 17): Fire
Ghatanotha (Dec 18 to Jan 18): Water
Ithaqua (Jan 19 to Feb 15): Air
Cyaegha (Feb 16 to Mar 11): Earth
Zoth-Ommog (Mar 12 to Apr 18): Fire

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
So I was born during 'Zoth-Ommog (Mar 12 to Apr 18): Fire' which is quite different from Pieces [water].

Aaron L

Hero
That's pretty neat, but I'd put Cthulhu under the March-April timespan, considering that it coincides fairly closely with the period when R'lyeh rose and he was driving sensitives, psychics and artists mad in The Call of Cthulhu.

Plus, this system puts me under the Sign of Zoth-Ommog. I mean Zoth-Ommog, really? I've always liked the idea that R'lyeh had risen and Cthulhu was actually briefly awake and stomping around inside in his prison on my birthday (although 51 years too early.)

But then he got popped by a boat the next day. :(

Last edited:

Aaron L

Hero
"Hey, that's a GREAT deal on fresh giant octopus..."

That would be a rad parody sequel to The Call of Cthulhu. The sailor Johansen sets up a restaurant somewhere in New Zealand, staffed with bulging-eyed waiters, selling odd-tasting but addictive seafood that gives bizarrely twisted dreams to those who eat it, with no one ever to discover his source of the mysterious, eldritch calamari. :)

If I ever write it I'll give you credit for the inspiration. :)

Remove ads