• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Deck of Many Things (iOS App)

GUIDuck

First Post
The Deck of Many Things (for iOS)

Hello, I'm Jeremy. I'm a professional app developer who works at a big consultancy, but streams personal coding projects by night. The first project I decided to tackle on-stream was a Deck of Many Things app, which I did in collaboration with my friend Ash Vickers, who provided amazing art for every card in the deck. The app uses rules released under the OGL and supports most versions of the Deck dating back to Supplement I, including optional rules variations where appropriate. Here's the description from the App Store:

The Deck of Many Things app is a play aid for most editions of the world's most popular roleplaying game. With it, you can experience both the great thrill and the dire regret to be gained by drawing from the legendary Deck of Many Things. The app allows gamemasters to run an encounter with the deck without resorting to playing cards or dice to simulate a card draw and without flipping between pages of a book or pdf to look up card effects. It features a fun, gesture-focused interface and includes fully illustrated cards, presented alongside their rules text, for fun and ease of use.

• [*=1]Select a number of draws and run your entire encounter with the deck of many things straight from the app.
    [*=1]Enjoy amazing, original artwork for each card.
    [*=1]Display cards with with your choice of rules system, including Fifth Edition, the Original Edition, First Edition, Second Edition, 3.5 or PFRPG, all reproduced or adapted under the Open Gaming License.
    [*=1]Tweak the rules to set the deck size, decide whether to discard jokers, and make other changes specific to each edition.
    [*=1]Enjoy a rich, polished interface full of animations, transitions and intuitive gestural controls.

This is mostly a passion project, but I'm very proud of it and would love to see it used in the broader community. The app requires iOS 11+ and is available on the App Store for $2 USD.

If you would like a promo code for review purposes, I would love to give one to you, so please let me know!

Remove ads