• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The decline of the Happy Meal

Aurora

First Post
The decline of the happy meal is pissing me off. Even if you don't have happy meal age kids, I am sure you can relate from when you were a kid. What is the deal with giving out cd roms as toys? The whole fun of the toy was having a toy to play with while you ate or (in my case) when you finished your meal. Now, Wendy's, Burger King, Arby's, and Chick-Fil-A are giving out cd's in their meals. At least at CFA, I can trade it in for an ice cream cone for Kylee, but really......WTF! I am sorry but they should only give out action figures or something similar. Wendy's gave us an audio book on cd. AN AUDIO BOOK! Morons. [/rant]

Aeolius

Adventurer
And while we're at it, what's with McDonald's asking "boy or girl?" with each happy meal? Just tell me what the toys are, and let the kids choose.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Tell us how you really feel. :p

I remember the toys when I was a kid. They were not as good as some of the toys today. A CD-Rom does seem odd but it's what is in rotation now. Maybe different options should be made available.

Aurora

First Post
Now it looks like BK is switching to Transformers toys. That is cool. So long as they don't try and slip any cd's in there..... :\

Aurora

First Post
Aeolius said:
And while we're at it, what's with McDonald's asking "boy or girl?" with each happy meal? Just tell me what the toys are, and let the kids choose.
I agree. My daughter likes cars and trucks as much as she loves dollies. Sometimes the one genders toy sucks and the other one is cool...

Merkuri

Explorer
Aeolius said:

Yeah, when I was a kid I hated the dolls they used to give out sometimes and would've much rather had the car. I don't think we ever actually ate at McDonald's during those toy phases, though. In our family we preferred Burger King. :p

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Its all about demographics and what they think will draw kids in. I'm surprised they are giving away CDs. I would have expected they would give out flash drives with encoded songs to upload to their MP3 players and cell phones.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads