The Discovery downer

Lasher Dragon

First Post
I love watching OCC... I wish my family could have been tight like they are. I don't like watching Jesse James - he's too much of a cocky prick IMO. I miss Junkyard Wars, what ever happened to that show?

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
If I could talk my wife into collapsing ours down to a more basic selection, I would. The only thing I care to watch on TV is -- occasionally -- the local news, and the Local on the 8s on the weather channel. And I could get both of those online if I cared.

I wish I could simply pick and choose just the channels I wanted, without having the crap I don't. That'd be the perfect cable system.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
I don't usually watch Discovery Channel. The Bloodhound Gang kinda ruined that for me.... :confused:

And the History Channel got stupid one night when they were doing something on the Romans and the "armor" they were wearing was made out of CHAINMAIL(!) WTF was with that! I'm not that big a history buff but I *can* tell they really screwed up royally on that one. The armor was made of the similar style but the body, instead of being leather "splints" was chain links like from the medieval period. :confused:

As others have said, yes, the Romans had chainmail (CHAINMAIL(!) WTF as you put it). An article on making Roman chain armor, or Lorica Harmata. The Romans also used cuirboili, and a few had plates mail (chain armor with metal plates across the gut).

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Aris Dragonborn said:
My original DM thought that dragons were real too. And elves. And he believed that Shadowrun was prophetic. :uhoh:
...A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

The Auld Grump, where's Rod Serling when you need him?

DungeonmasterCal said:
I wish I could simply pick and choose just the channels I wanted, without having the crap I don't. That'd be the perfect cable system.
Nah, the perfect cable system is one where you simply pick and choose just the programs you want to watch without having the crap you don't. And I expect, in my lifetime, to see us reach that point.

Lasher Dragon

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:

It's really ridiculous that this is not the case nowadays. God forbid the cable companies give a customer what they want. I love the "If you don't get this channel, call your cable company" ads. OK, I'm going to pay to upgrade to digital cable, then I'm going to have to buy some package deal for $50 extra a month for the 2 channels I might actually sit down and watch occasionally. :\

Then cable companies wonder why people steal service....

Lasher Dragon

First Post
I can't wait for BPL to come around, hopefully it will help put the nails into the coffins of both phone companies and cable/satellite tv companies.

I'm an optimist hehehe ;)

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Mystery Man said:
I'm pretty sure that Discovery and History channels are owned by the same people.

As far as Discovery goes if you get digital cable there are more discovery channels if American Chopper marathons aren't your bag (I could watch them all day). Favorite is the Civilization and Science channels.
History is owned by A&E, I think. I know for sure it isn't a Discovery network.

Remove ads