The DM Hotline

Dannager

First Post
The DM Hotline

"If you have a question about running 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, whether it's a technical rules quandary, or would simply like to improve your DMing skills, here's your chance to speak directly with the folks at Wizards of the Coast! Expert DMs—including R&D's Mike Mearls and Rob Heinsoo—will be on hand to field your calls on the DM Hotline.

The DM Hotline takes place for just a few short days: October 8-11, between 2pm and 6pm PDT. If you're looking to improve you game, we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to connect with Wizards of the Coast DMs! Simply call toll-free (800) 878-3326.

Please note that at this time, the DM Hotline is only available for calls originating within the US."

Sounds interesting. It's an opportunity to get some long-awaited answers directly from the WotC design folks on rules questions. There should be some sort of list of aggregated answers from this program. Hopefully WotC will make some of the most important answers available online.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
This gives me some very, very bad ideas for other phone services...

1-900-SUCCUBS: "Oh, smiting makes me so hot! Tell me more about your 12th level Paladin!"

1-900-GROGNRD: "You're so right, bro! They really are money-grubbing whores!"

Cheers, -- N

Dannager

First Post
This gives me some very, very bad ideas for other phone services...

1-900-SUCCUBS: "Oh, smiting makes me so hot! Tell me more about your 12th level Paladin!"

1-900-GROGNRD: "You're so right, bro! They really are money-grubbing whores!"

Cheers, -- N
I don't know what's worse...that some people would actually call the first number, or that more people would actually call the second.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I remember back when I was 18 or so (man that's a long time ago!) we called TSR UK with a rules question. They took our number, and to our amazement, somebody called back an hour later and talked our rules issue over with us!

That, I think, was one of the things which made me a D&D fan for life.

weem

First Post
<snip>...There should be some sort of list of aggregated answers from this program. Hopefully WotC will make some of the most important answers available online.

This please, since I won't be calling but will want to see what was asked/answered ;)

Remove ads