• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Domino Effect

Epidiah Ravachol

First Post
In a recent discussion on another board I frequent, the intertwined nature of the d20 rules became the basis of an argument about the intent of the designers. The argument is of little concern to me, but the discussion got me thinking. Is there a website or some other resource out there that shows you all the things that you would affect if you house-ruled any portion of the d20 rules?

I have in mind something like a wiki where you can click on the rule you want to change (say, how initiative works) and you get a list of all the feats, spells, and other rules that deal with it (like improved initiative, sneak attack, anything involving flat-footed, and so forth).

Does this exist?

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I think it would be very difficult and a very broad undertaking. He who accomplishes such a feat will probably be the unsung hero of developers, however, as that sort of information is usually the realm of contemplation of those "working" in the system. That and everybody who has ever had a bad idea for a worse house rule ... who could then, perhaps, be shown the ramifications of their actions.

:)

--fje

reanjr

First Post
d20 srd at http://d20srd.org/ already has pretty much everything hyperlinked, so the simplest way would probably be some google-fu to search that site. One could also create a script that downloads the entire site and gives you pages that link to a particular page.

Remove ads