• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Doomed Bastards: Reckoning (story complete)

Verbatim

Explorer
Lazybones said:
His lips moved for a moment, but no sound came out. And then he died.

Which either goes to show that everyone is wearing a red shirt in these stories, or Dar will get the Tiros treatment and have a Raise Dead sent his way and allow him to have a major mad-on to kill the Duke.

wolff96

First Post
I'm still trying to figure out why Valor likes him more now.

As far as I can tell, it was an Axiomatic blade of some stripe. Especially since it's called out in one of the stat blocks that it deals an extra 2d6 vs. Chaotic opponents. And Wererats are chaotic evil. (According to the latest copy of the SRD, since I don't have books in front of me right now.)

Unless the blade just hates neutrals or goods (and I seriously doubt Dar was GOOD), I don't see why it liked him any better. And it still should have given him a negative level for being chaotic, even if the issue was with another slice of his alignment.

Of course, this is me getting hung up on a minor aspect of the over-all story once more... but still. You just killed my favorite character! I have to focus on minutae. :)

Brogarn

First Post
Interesting. I'd of thought that a wererat would be chaotic. In fact, if you're looking at animal behavior, with wolves being a pack type canine, I'd of thought they'd be the ones lawful evil instead.

Goes to show what I know. Not a damn thing.

Anyways, back to the story. *clears throat* NOOOO!!!!! NOT DAR! :mad:

EDIT: Oddly enough, if you scroll down that page you linked, LB, there's a chart with Wererats shown as Chaotic Evil under the alignment column.

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Brogarn said:
Interesting. I'd of thought that a wererat would be chaotic. In fact, if you're looking at animal behavior, with wolves being a pack type canine, I'd of thought they'd be the ones lawful evil instead.

I agree.

Brogarn said:
Anyways, back to the story. *clears throat* NOOOO!!!!! NOT DAR! :mad:

Still in agreement. Damit.

Brogarn said:
EDIT: Oddly enough, if you scroll down that page you linked, LB, there's a chart with Wererats shown as Chaotic Evil under the alignment column.

yeah that caught me a little off guard as well. *grumbles about darn conflicting rules*

Any chance Varo show's up and saves the day?
erm... ok, the irony almost outweighs the fantasy in that last thought.

Brogarn

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
yeah that caught me a little off guard as well. *grumbles about darn conflicting rules*

Conspiracy, imo. :uhoh:

Richard Rawen said:
Any chance Varo show's up and saves the day?
erm... ok, the irony almost outweighs the fantasy in that last thought.

Could happen. His actions would revolve entirely around selfish motivations, but it could happen.

Remove ads