• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Dracula Dossier'

BigVanVader

First Post
Yeah, I've got nothing to contribute, but I've seen the news of it on EN, then I clicked to read the Kickstarter thing they have.

Man, that looks good, that looks really good. And I gotta tell you...I would make Batman for a game like that. I don't care, man, I would throw actual real-life Batarangs at the Director until he said it was ok to make Batman for that game. It would be so cool!

Although, I have to wonder(I haven't read the complete Kickstarter yet), do they have ideas for other campaigns after? Or, is the Dracula thing something they can stretch for a long, long time? Or, is it up to the players to up and invent new stories after they finish it somehow?

But in any case, despite my questions, yeah that looks good to me.

BigVanVader

First Post
Oh man. Now I gotta learn about the Gumshoe system because I'm telling you, that is the perfect setting to make any superhero without powers, or without major powers(IE Daredevil). It's amazing how well spandex and spies mix together.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh man. Now I gotta learn about the Gumshoe system because I'm telling you, that is the perfect setting to make any superhero without powers, or without major powers(IE Daredevil). It's amazing how well spandex and spies mix together.

Gumshoe is easy to learn!
[MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION]'s TimeWatch RPG uses it, too.

pedr

Explorer
I expect merging Nights Black Agents and Mutant City Blues would result in a great espionage with minor super powers game. It's another Gumshoe implementation.

Mytholder

In the Alternate Versions appendix of the Night's Black Agents core rulebook, it discusses adding psychic powers and other supernatural abilities (and also talks about which powers you can take from MUTANT CITY BLUES without causing problems).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Mytholder and I are both Gumshoe writers, and he's a principal writer on Dracula Dossier. Ask questions!

Mutant City Blues, possibly hacking in the Stitch action point mechanic from TimeWatch, handles superheroes (even powered heroes) incredibly well. If you want the world's greatest detective, that's how to do it.

BigVanVader

First Post
Oh, I have a few avenues for pretending I'm the Dark Knight, trust me. But the visual of something between Bob Kane, Frank Miller and Paul Pope, leaping around London rooftops, becoming embroiled in something ancient and terrible, finding himself being tailed by vampires and having to work together with a bunch of spies and other such sorts for survival, and lending a hand to put an end to the Dracula menace once and for all?

That just made me drool so hard when I first made this post, man. Like, multiple nerd-doms inside me just erupted at once. I feel like I need a smoke, now. :D

Remove ads